Quantcast
Shout-out to CKTG - Page 4
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Shout-out to CKTG

I've been out of town and thought I time warped back to 4-1...glad you had a good experience.

I am one of those with bad experiences and will never buy anything there again.

Cheers!
    one man gathers what another man spills...

For the record, I didn't think anyone was giving me a hard time, so I have no issues with people expressing their frustrations regarding the experiences they've had. I just felt like I'd been a demanding customer and wanted to give a vendor the props I thought he deserved (not being aware of, as I mentioned earlier, the bad blood).

Long live free speech and to each their own!

I promise, I will post some. It still hasn't arrived (USPS's fault).

Quote Originally Posted by labor of love View Post
    I just want pics ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by dannynyc View Post
    For the record, I didn't think anyone was giving me a hard time, so I have no issues with people expressing their frustrations regarding the experiences they've had. I just felt like I'd been a demanding customer and wanted to give a vendor the props I thought he deserved (not being aware of, as I mentioned earlier, the bad blood).

Long live free speech and to each their own!
    You are not alone, all of my experiences have been very positive, its the reason I have spent a couple thousand over the years with CKTG.

I feel bad for everyone who's gotten less service than they need. I work 8 blocks from his shop and pretty much invite myself over whenever I'm in a buying mood. Been very fun to pick over all his stuff, but probably a big waste of his time ... keeping him from dealing with other customers lol

From what I hear, the AS laser is extremely thin behind the edge. I've considered getting one myself due to the wa handle alone.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

Quote Originally Posted by ThEoRy View Post
    From what I hear, the AS laser is extremely thin behind the edge. I've considered getting one myself due to the wa handle alone.
    I'm not a fan of knife fanatic's knife reviews but he does a decent job demonstrating the knifes cutting ability. If the knife was sold by someone other than mark I would seriously consider purchasing it.

Quote Originally Posted by kalaeb View Post
    You are not alone, all of my experiences have been very positive, its the reason I have spent a couple thousand over the years with CKTG.
    Kaleab, I'm glad you've had good experiences with mark, but in all honesty you're probably getting some preferential treatment if you're spending that much coin. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by eshua View Post
    I feel bad for everyone who's gotten less service than they need. I work 8 blocks from his shop and pretty much invite myself over whenever I'm in a buying mood. Been very fun to pick over all his stuff, but probably a big waste of his time ... keeping him from dealing with other customers lol
    I received two knives from him that had defects. The first one was about $350. He willing took back the first knife (and sold it to someone else) after I pointed out an issue with it, recommended that I buy a "better" knife according to him because he wasn't sure if he would get more of these knives in. I agreed to do so, but I lost the benefit of a discount and paid more for this second knife (he didn't bring up offering the discount on the second and more expensive knife I purchased) and waited months until this second knife came in.

Then, this second knife had issues. This one was almost $400. I noticed an issue right away. He told me to go talk to the maker. I noticed another issue. Same thing. Each time I told him I noticed a problem with the knife, he told me to go talk to the maker. He brushed me off and told me to go deal with the maker directly every time. He took no responsibility for it and never offered a refund. After noticing three separate defects, I returned it unilaterally and demanded a refund.

He then proceed to yell at me when he received the knife and my demand for a refund because I unilaterally returned a knife with several defects after he never offered a refund after I told him of defect after defect with this knife. This is not hyperbole - he yelled at me, yelled at me for doing what I did.

I told him under most laws he is as responsible as the manufacturer for selling defective products, he then had the gall to then tell me to, "Talk to [him] like a man." ***??? You won't offer a refund to me for a $400 knife that has several defects because you're too tightfisted to do what's right, and when I finally am fed up with your dismissive attitude and send back the knife and demand a refund, you yell at me at tell me to "talk to him like a man"? If he acted like a "man" and did what was right in the first damn place, I would have never had to send the knife back and demand a refund and listen to his stupid "talk to me like a man" BS. (I did receive a refund for the knife.)

He's also taken advantage of friendships to learn more about various aspects of the knife-selling business and sharpening, then expanded his business to compete directly with other vendors he learned from, and purposely stocked and priced items to undercut these vendors. He's also approached other knife manufacturers who were introduced by other vendors and then bought knives from these manufacturers to directly compete with other vendors.

He's precisely the type of person I would never want to do business with. And, because of that, he lost thousands of dollars of business from me, that I've gladly paid to the vendors here, including Dave Martell, Jon, Stefan, Dave (BoardSmith), Maksim, Marko, and Mark at Burl Source.

If you really feel bad, how about telling him to be a more principled businessperson, to stop selling knives that have a number of fit and finish/quality issues (plenty of evidence here and other places about this), and to stop giving some of the worst customer service imaginable?
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"

Quote Originally Posted by labor of love View Post
    Kaleab, I'm glad you've had good experiences with mark, but in all honesty you're probably getting some preferential treatment if you're spending that much coin. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
    Kalaeb also has had a working relationship with Mark in the past.

(I'm just pointing this out for the sake of fact. On a personal level, although I've never met Kalaeb, I've only had good encounters with him. I've bought a knife from him and corresponded with him a number of times.)
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"