Shout-out to CKTG

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dannynyc

Reaction score
I'm actually not sure if this is posted in the right section, but I wanted to report the positive customer service experience I had with Chef Knives To Go. I ordered a 270mm Konosuke HD Funayuki Gyuto. It was shipped very quickly. It arrived with a blond ferrule, unlike the photo on CKTG's website. Though it was frivolous, after laying down all that money, I wanted the knife to look just they way I wanted it, and I wanted a darker ferrule. Anyway, Mark offered to exchange it without any restocking fee and even paid my return postage (he ended up paying shipping 3 times). He probably lost money on this deal, but he won me over as a customer, and I'll be coming back.

A small caveat: I did find Mark to be a little bit curt over email. Email can be that way, and I'm the first to admit that I was a demanding, probably even annoying customer, but I did find his responses to my emails to be a bit short of gracious. But at the end of the day, he put up with my demands and didn't make me wait, and for that I'm grateful.

his email responses are very short and not much conversing. but i've made multiple purchases through that site and haven't run into any real issues. last purchase there was a branded sharpie included which i thought was a neat little gift as i go through TONS of those at work (in kitchen). a cheap freebie but it's exactly the right context to offer it.

has anyone tried the richmond laser in AS? apparently it's made in japan and not by lamson. the grind and profile looks good, wa alternative to Hiro AS maybe? i'd really like to try the petty since it's taller than most but everything is out of stock at the moment. would be really cool if there were more handle options. a simple (but good f&f) magnolia wood with buffalo horn ferrule would be nice.

ditto on darker ferrules, i think the blonde looks atrocious!

How do you like the funayuki? I have an older 270 HD and I like it a lot and the newer versions interest me

Supposed to arrive tomorrow, will let you know.

Glad to hear it.

FWIW, I've got the 240 funayuki/gyuto, and love it.

It's definitely not a laser as we would define them, I do wonder who is making them though...

i don't mind it not being a truly a laser. so long as it cuts well.

=D

and yes, i like the profile as well.

Gents,
All the Sr. members here on the KKF know the history with the vendor in question. What we must not assume is that a new member would be privy to that info and make him feel unwelcome to post about a legitimate question, concern or post a review. Our policy from day one was to allow vendor reviews good and/or bad as long as they were on point and not an ax grinding session.

Please lets keep the off topic posts out of the thread.

The team would really appreciate your cooperation and support on this.

It's true I was unaware of any issue. Corresponding with Jim offline to get more info.

Sorry if I tapped into any raw feelings with my post, certainly not my intent. I was in the dark.

I just hope this did not give you a bad impression about the fine members of this community. The willingness to share their experience and thoughts is unparalleled on the interwebs.

Not at all. Everyone was very restrained and anyway nothing was directed at me.

dannynyc

My apologies if we offended you in any way, shape or form. I am glad you had a good experience as a whole with them. While I will not do business with him you definitely did not step on my toes, I just like to have fun with a post now and then and I really do prefer movie popcorn too.

ON that note - welcome to the forums if I haven't already done so and have fun with your new toy.

Eric

Woah! I'm late to the party. Nice knife, and Mark likely fields about 50-100 emails a day. I can be short when I have to handle 5-10. He'll get you a great knife, and you're among many who've had positive experiences with him. I'm glad it's worked out well.

Don't forget to show is pics when you get it!

Before I became a member of the forums here, I ordered my Konosuke Fujiyama Kiritsuke Yanagiba (270mm) in White #1 from him. I honestly had a pretty good experience. I ordered a saya with the knife. A couple days after ordering it, he sent me an email stating that he cracked it slightly when he was drilling the pin hole. The pin still locks it in place and it covers the blade nicely, regardless. He sent me the saya and refunded the cost. He seemed very courteous in the emails I received from him.

While I do not know the exact history with that site, I do know its a sensitive subject. I still check his site regularly because he does carry blades that I can't find anywhere else. While the prices can be a bit higher, my experience with him was still relatively positive so I will most likely still order from him if he happens to get something in stock that I want and nobody else has.

there should be no reason that we cant discuss a vendor, that has had both positive and negative reviews from all members on this forum. I don't necessarily agree with all of his business ethics however i have not have a "bad" experience and i continue to shop there. I know others here that love that site and some who hate it. None the less we shouldn't bash others for liking it because we had a bad experience. I know this is best forum around and the people here really are the best and helpful i know. I have been members among various forums and this is my all time favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back