NKD-Yoshikane SLD Damascus Kiritsuke Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkriggen

Reaction score
Got my 1st real J-knife today!:spin chair:
(I don't count the Shun or the Miyabi)

It's a Yoshikane 240 SLD Damascus Kiritsuke-gyuto (The one Maxim used to sell) that I picked up from Chris (CWRIGHTTHRUYA) on B/S/T. I just got two things to say:

1. WOW! This thing is BEA-UTE-TIFULL!

2. WOW, apparently I SUCK at sharpening:O: Never had anything really sharp to compare to before. Even my wire edges suck compared to this thing! Don't know if it's the original edge or if Maxim sharpened it before he gave it to Chris, but it's a damn sight better than mine. Guess I'll go back to practicing on my lesser knives this weekend sense I've got four more knives coming in the near future:wink:

A big MAHALO to everyone for giving me the benefit of your knowledge and insight to get me started down this spiraling path to the dark pit of poverty:hungry:

Mikey

Got three more coming this week, two Masakage Yuki's (75mm petty and 130mm ko-bunka) and a 165mm Yoshi SLD nakiri I bought from JMac on B/S/T. Figured I'd do a group photo. Also have a 180mm Asai AS nakiri on order with EE, but I have no idea when that one will arrive (Mr. Asai's not in the best of health right now).

Back