Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Stropping

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan View Post
    Give us a shout when you next come down, might be able to do a SEAG! haha. I think there are what, 3 of us? madmel, you and myself. I think I spotted a couple of outliers too...
    I miss Singapore so much already. I left 25 years ago (not my choice) but the place is still in my blood. I want black pepper crabs!! I want mamak food from Golden Mile!! I want oyster omelettes and carrot cake!!

Give us a shout when you next come down, might be able to do a SEAG! haha. I think there are what, 3 of us? madmel, you and myself. I think I spotted a couple of outliers too...
    Sure, I'll bring some knives haha!!

Gotta make that this year tho haha. Will be going to Australia in Jan for studies.
    Seb if I'm not wrong, you'r in Aus no?

I'm eagerly waiting for Marko to finalise his four sided strop contraption so i can up the ante with the stropping game.

Yes, Singapore for all its oddball crap really gets into your blood. I would love to have the duality of living elsewhere and here at the same time. I'm just glad the food scene here is ridiculously good - and in the last 2 years the higher end food scene is improving significantly with the introduction of big names. Just wish my paycheck was keeping pace. The lion's share of the cheque keeps going into @$%#% mortgage.

Anytime you're coming down seb, just let us know. Madmel seems pretty free (haha) too.

Yeah part-time stints keeps me pretty free most of the time haha.

love to have the duality of living elsewhere and here at the same time
    Apparently, such a place is called 'Perth'. Shame about all the rednecks! LOL

Be nice to catch up. I am determined to come back more often, especially with the rels getting older and older. Also want my son to be aware of and appreciate his heritage. To treasure it even, as I do.

I've lived in Australia for twenty-five years (and counting) and the longer I stay here the more I realise I am a Singaporean in my heart and soul.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMel View Post
    Seb if I'm not wrong, you'r in Aus no?
    Yep. Eastern suburbs of Sydney.

Yes, Singapore for all its oddball crap...
    I am amazed that the SG general election received about 25 seconds of TV coverage in the AU news media. Incredible. It's not like Australia has nothing to learn from Asia (and Singapore in particular). Incredible natural wealth and the place is run like a brothel!

I haven't gone to the stones in a long time. Eight sides of strops has kept me up to snuff.

Anyone who poo poos them is missing something.

But some peoples are set in their ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty dog View Post
    I haven't gone to the stones in a long time. Eight sides of strops has kept me up to snuff.

Anyone who poo poos them is missing something.

But some peoples are set in their ways.
    Hey what do you use for stropping?