Looking for stainless wa petty

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redone

Reaction score
Looking for a stainless wa petty or western with custom handle for my wife. Size anywhere between 135mm and 165mm. Price between $130 and $200. Thanks.

May want to check with Del, he's been known to make a nice short knife at a reasonable cost. Start her out right!

Cheers!

Thanks chinacats. I bought her a pairing knife from Del. I tought maybe something different plus based on the price I paid for the pairing knife I think my budget is short for Del's petty. I would love to own one of his damascus. They're really cool looking knives plus Del is a really nice guy.

i bought a 210mm 61HRC stainless steel petty dirctly from Ashi in Japan

cost was about about 13,000 yen with the cheapest handle (yew or magnolia) and shipping. thats about $130 USD. i guess you'd pay an additional $30-40 in import duties

can't say enough nice things about the Ashi petty. i have a Konosuke too, but i prefer the gentle curve on the blade of the Ashi

A petty will get some abuse, and has a small contact area with the board. So it will dull relatively fast, get sharpened more often than any other and wear out accordingly. I would take this into account, limit the costs and go for the longest one you may find.

A petty will get some abuse, and has a small contact area with the board. So it will dull relatively fast, get sharpened more often than any other and wear out accordingly. I would take this into account, limit the costs and go for the longest one you may find.
Thanks Benuser.

Back