Quantcast
Sharpening advice wanted - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sharpening advice wanted

do you not like the JNS 1k? i'd like to replace my bester 1200 with a splash n go. i'll take it off your hands if you're selling it.

Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    do you not like the JNS 1k? i'd like to replace my bester 1200 with a splash n go. i'll take it off your hands if you're selling it.
    I like it quite a bit, just trying to consolidate to two stones. It's fairly hard, cuts very quickly and is a bit thicker than most synthetic stones out there. I think it works best with a minute or two under the faucet as opposed to a 100% splash and go (like a shapton glass stone) but doesn't take much water after that.
    Ill let you know when I let it go.

I missed that you wanted a splash and go...apologies for that. I have used choseras, shaptons, sigmas, and gesshins in almost all grit ranges. I would say your best bet, with the specs you have given, if you want to do the 400/2k or 3k progression is to go Chosera.

They should give you almost exactly what you want...although I don't technically consider them splash and go because I soak mine for about a minute before use.

Regards,
    Chris
    At Death's Door You Only Have 2 choices. Die Happy or Die Regretfully.
    Knowing this...........Choose 1 and Live!!!!!!!!!

i currently have JKS (from dave) 3k and i think a 1k splash n go to go along with it would be perfect two stone combo. any particular reason you are looking for a lower grit?

+ Reply to Thread