Ok, I am starting this off from my earlier post about 'loaner knives.'
After some thought, I am going to loan out 5 knives to those who would like to try them. I'll attempt to offer knives that people might like to handle, and later on I will switch them up. Right now I am going to be comparing my Hiro, Martell, Mario, and TKC, so those are off limits, but I will offer up some of the others that will be getting less use.
So here they are:
1) Misono UX10 gyuto (240mm) with custom Adam Marr handle. It was previously used in a pro kitchen, so feel free to abuse it a bit. The bevel is a righty asymmetric 90/10.
2) Adam Marr custom honesuki. I'll have to check the measurements but it is in 52100 and the handle is black linen micarta. I actually use this knife quite a bit, so please keep that in mind The grind is asymmetric at 90/10. I wanted to throw in a non-gyuto into the mix.
3) Delbert Ealy gyuto (265mm) in 01.
4) Stephan Fowler gyuto (260mm?) in W2.
5) Devin Thomas ITK gyuto (270mm) in AEB-L. This was the very first batch.
Some of the knives may arrive sharpened -- others not. And if you feel comfortable sharpening, feel free to do so but it isn't necessary. No reviews are necessary unless you want to. We can work out loaner time and other details via PM. There is no restriction on post count or how long you have been a member, but I may say no if others have requested or you are a complete unknown.
So that is it. I am sure I have forgotten something, but for now I will see if anyone is interested.