• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS or Trade: 270mm Konosuke Fujiyama Kiritsuke Yanagiba in White #1

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowbrother

Reaction score
I'm testing the waters to see if there is any interest for this knife. I realized that I don't really use a yanagi much anymore, so I am thinking about selling it to work on building up my knife kit again. I acid etched the blade to give it a blue hue and to reduce the reaction of the blade with food/acid, etc.

the blade is white #1 and the handle is ebony with a blonde buffalo horn ferrule. I spent $570 new for it with the saya. I'm looking for around $475 for it or an interesting trade. I'm not really sure what I'm looking for as far as trades go, just looking for something interesting.

20121214_002841_zpsbe60f9bb.jpg

20121214_002855_zps860c18a7.jpg

Wow, sexy knife. I have a soft spot for yanagis, looking for single bevels for trade? Good luck rebuilding your kit, read about what happened.

I'll listen to any trade, not really sure what I'm looking for. Just looking for something interesting, as long as it isn't another yanagi since I don't use them often enough.

I am very interested, but I am also very broke. If you drop the price down to like $50 let me know.

Billy Mays!!!
YES!
But wait......................
........there's always more!

I am interested in this knife in the way that I am interested in that Rader that wasjust sold. It it a unicorn that I cannot catch at the moment. It is all yours man.

Would u mind tRade wz me...yoshihiro Yanagi knife ...blue steel 2 ....330 mm
(used)

Would u mind tRade wz me...yoshihiro Yanagi knife ...blue steel 2 ....330 mm
(used)

I'm sorry, but I don't want to trade for another yanagi. This konosuke is the perfect yanagi in my eyes, so if I needed one I woul keep it. I just never really use yanagis anymore, which is why I am (very reluctantly I might add) parting with this one.

Love it. What exactly did you use to acid etch the blade?

I heated up cider vinegar, then soaked a cloth in it and wrapped that around the blade. I let that sit for a few hours, cleaned the blade off and repeated the process. I used rubber bands to keep the cloth tight around the blade.

I had that knife custom request in blue steel#2 until recently wondering if your willing to part with it for 300$ CAD ?

I had that knife custom request in blue steel#2 until recently wondering if your willing to part with it for 300$ CAD ?

Last post by seller says it was traded. :)

Also, BST guidelines:

"Offers (from buyers) - Should be made via PM only"

Back