Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New knife Roll

Quote Originally Posted by bkultra View Post
    It should also be noted that some knives are wide enough to make the next slot unusable to all but only small paring knives. The with of the blade (with saya in my case) makes it so I can only hold 4 knives in the small (comes with 5 slots). Also being 18" in height the very tip of my suji and chef knives sayas stick out a little (but still covered by the canavas). For reference here are the knives I keep in mine:

Masamoto Honyaki Wa Gyuto-240mm
    Masamoto KS Wa Petty-165mm
    Masamoto KS Wa Sujihiki-270mm
    MAC Superior Bread Knife-10.5"
    Tojiro Senkou Classic Boning Knife-6" (I must keep this one in the side pocket because of the above mentioned problem)
    That's why I had him make me a 22" inch long one.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

Wouldn't it make more sense to have the roll made so that the blades go into the slots? That way you wouldn't need to use edge guards or sayas, that is unless you wanted to?

Quote Originally Posted by sachem allison View Post
    That's why I had him make me a 22" inch long one.
    You got any pictures of that bad boy(preferably loaded up)? I might just have to go that route...

You can put these in blade first just have to be careful. these don't have the extra welt to protect the thread from being cut. I suppose you could put sleeves or edge guards on and they would be fine. Waiting on you to make me one Colin.lol

I'll see if I can get some pics in a few days. I'm on my third 90+ hour week in a row and don't have time to fart right now.

Quote Originally Posted by sachem allison View Post
    You can put these in blade first just have to be careful. these don't have the extra welt to protect the thread from being cut. I suppose you could put sleeves or edge guards on and they would be fine. Waiting on you to make me one Colin.lol
    Lay out X amount of knives on a piece of paper outlining the blades. Kind of like what this guys doing in the photo but actually trace the profile of the blade as well. That way I can cut the welt to fit the next exactly. Or I could just do a generic one size fits most welt to protect the stitches (like what's been done in the photo), knives won't fit as snug but the roll would be more universal. Thanks now I know what to make you for Christmas

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	158.2 KB 
ID:	15245

Views:	39 
Size:	290.3 KB 
ID:	15246

I'm actually working on a custom designed to fit knives version of the electrician tool bag that I was using.

Views:	38 
Size:	148.2 KB 
ID:	15247

Having never made a bag or anything like this before it's going kind of slow but I do have a view of the panels almost finished.
    This one has universal/generic welts sewn in

Views:	31 
Size:	34.9 KB 
ID:	15252

And this one is wet formed to hold Specific tools.

Views:	29 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	15248

Views:	25 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	15253

Looks great Chef! Love the gear/steam punk pattern on that one piece. I like the toolbar idea
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck