Quantcast
6" Utility knife. STEELZILLA!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6" Utility knife. STEELZILLA!

6" Utility knife. STEELZILLA!

The profile is a 6" Utility. and the specs on this one are as follows. Please let me know your thoughts.

a bit over 11" OAL... 47mm tall and 2.3mm above the heel tapering to .77mm one cm behind the tip. Full convex grind.
    The handle on this is stainless bolsters with Fossil walrus ivory.

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Good god that's gorgeous!

Engorged Member
    What's "BMG"?
    "So you want to be a vegetarian? Hitler was a vegetarian and look at how he turned out."

I love it. I think this is a great shape for home use. Short deep blade for limited board or counter spacer. Great for family size quantities of slicing and dicing,and scooping. This one is gorgeous , like all your other knives . If it was for sale, I'd buy it. If one like it was going to become available , I'd order it. Anything else?

Mrmnms We can make that happen. Shoot me a email or message at your convenience.

EP that is my clients initials. per his request.

Thanks for the comments and ind words
    Randy

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Dude! You get some of the craziest awesome handle materials I've ever seen. I really like the idea of a short, but still tall enough blade.
    Beautiful craftsmanship on the handle, but personally, I'm not a fan of handles that drop downward at the end. I like either a flat or slight upward angle to my handles. The drop at the end puts my wrist at a weird angle.
    "I gotta tell ya, this is pretty terrific. Ha hahaha, YEAH!" - Moe (w/ 2 knives). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVt4U...layer_embedded

Thanks Justin. Have you tried one of my westerns?

Availible Knives

Yes, a gyuto: one from the meteorite damascus: AN AMAZING BLADE!
    The handle was the best I've used of a style that I don't like. That's not to say that it's bad, infact I'm sure that folks who like that style would love it, but it's just not for me. If feels great in the hand, and works very well for the hammer grip or the kind of ergonomics involved in a hunting or non-kitchen utility knife, but it's just not right for me if I'm going to use it for long periods of time in the kitchen.
    "I gotta tell ya, this is pretty terrific. Ha hahaha, YEAH!" - Moe (w/ 2 knives). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVt4U...layer_embedded

Thanks for your reply and explanation. Sheds light on why some might prefer Wa over western handles. On a side note. I am a custom knife maker and would be happy to make you or anyone ordering a custom knife.. a straight or wa style handle Thats what I do.

Its a KNIFE LIFE!!
    Randy

Availible Knives

Quote Originally Posted by HHH Knives View Post
    Thats what I do.
    Randy
    ...and you're darn good at it. That really is a perdy little knife and it's surprising that there aren't more like it.