Quantcast
6" Utility knife. STEELZILLA! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6" Utility knife. STEELZILLA!

Let's add this one to your list

Quote Originally Posted by HHH Knives View Post
    Mrmnms We can make that happen. Shoot me a email or message at your convenience.

EP that is my clients initials. per his request.

Thanks for the comments and ind words
    Randy
    I know you're busy Randy. I'm away for a couple days. We can go over details and options at this blade length mid week. I'll pm you Monday .

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Pescador View Post
    What's "BMG"?
    Just a stipulation but prob. the buyer's initials??
    Chewie's the man.

Yep Its the buyers initials!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

so is there a "got a baby on the way in a few days so im broke and need a nice new knife to slit my throat is sh!t hits the fan at home with the inlaws" discount?

Thanks for all he comments, This design has gotten alot of good feedback for me and I will be offering it in my lineup.

Congrats on the blessing of a new baby Not a skinny chef!

Blessings
    Randy

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

One question, how is this handle material behavior when wet?
    Does it slip or the opposite? I have heard that horn becomes less slippery when whet.
    Thanks

The Walrus ivory is polished up to a smooth like glass finish on this knife. I expect it to be like most ivory when wet. Maybe the owner will chime in here and share there experience with the knife and its characteristic. I am offering this style knife with any handle materials. The Walrus ivory on this one was and is one of a kind. So future knives of this style will have any variety of handle materials from horn, to stag, to burl etc.

Availible Knives

Randy, what does the steelzilla refer to? I googled it and found a company with a terrible website calling themselves metal art monsters.
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

Pete, I call the steel I used to make this beast "Steelzilla" Its a high carbon mix.

B4 I stated exactly what this new steel it is I wanted to get it into a few peoples hands as a kitchen knife. So I can get unbiased reviews of how the steel preforms in the kitchen. I have tested it and feel it makes a great cutting tool.

Next will be a laminated version stainless clad over Steelzilla.

Thanks
    Randy

Availible Knives

Thanks Randy
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater