Quantcast
Can Beston 500 be left in water permanently?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can Beston 500 be left in water permanently?

Can Beston 500 be left in water permanently?

My Chosera 400 has very little life left in him and I'm looking for an alternative.
    I am not a fan of soaking, so I need either splash and go, or permanent soaker.

Can Beston 500 be left in water bucket permanently?

Thanks!

Engorged Member
    Gessin 400 is what you should be looking at. It's a soaker too. It's an incredible stone.
    "So you want to be a vegetarian? Hitler was a vegetarian and look at how he turned out."

Mine stays in water all the time. It makes a great soaker.

Quote Originally Posted by El Pescador View Post
    Gessin 400 is what you should be looking at. It's a soaker too. It's an incredible stone.
    What can I say Pescador, I've been enablized once again.
    Was going to go on a binge and get the Beston, but I have succumbed to the call of the Siren.

Gesshin from JKI it is.

2 Jnats, 2 Komas, new set of buffers, replaced my dremel, and now Gesshin 400, in matter of couple weeks.

I seem to do this every few months and think what the hell am I doing?

Thank you to Pescador and stopbarking for the suggestions and information on soaker stones. Much appreciated.

Engorged Member
    Yeah...my Beston eventually had issues with the permasoak. I don't think you're supposed to keep them soaking all the time.
    "So you want to be a vegetarian? Hitler was a vegetarian and look at how he turned out."

Quote Originally Posted by El Pescador View Post
    Yeah...my Beston eventually had issues with the permasoak. I don't think you're supposed to keep them soaking all the time.
    What issues have you had? Mine is permasoaking at the moment, and you're making me worried!

Same here. Mine hasn't been out of the pond in 6 months. Haven't noticed any ill effects...yet.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Mine has been soaking for around 2 years, no issues . I just change the water every week and store away form sunlight.

Engorged Member
    Sorry about the worry, I felt the Beston seemed to wear/dish quicker and felt different. Unfortunately, I never cared enough to get another Beston and try it side by side to see if all this was in my head!