Can Beston 500 be left in water permanently?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xuz

Reaction score
My Chosera 400 has very little life left in him and I'm looking for an alternative.
I am not a fan of soaking, so I need either splash and go, or permanent soaker.

Can Beston 500 be left in water bucket permanently?

Thanks!

Gessin 400 is what you should be looking at. It's a soaker too. It's an incredible stone.

Mine stays in water all the time. It makes a great soaker.

Gessin 400 is what you should be looking at. It's a soaker too. It's an incredible stone.

What can I say Pescador, I've been enablized once again.
Was going to go on a binge and get the Beston, but I have succumbed to the call of the Siren.

Gesshin from JKI it is.

2 Jnats, 2 Komas, new set of buffers, replaced my dremel, and now Gesshin 400, in matter of couple weeks.
:bliss:
I seem to do this every few months and think what the hell am I doing?

Thank you to Pescador and stopbarking for the suggestions and information on soaker stones. Much appreciated.

Yeah...my Beston eventually had issues with the permasoak. I don't think you're supposed to keep them soaking all the time.

Yeah...my Beston eventually had issues with the permasoak. I don't think you're supposed to keep them soaking all the time.

What issues have you had? Mine is permasoaking at the moment, and you're making me worried!

Mine has been soaking for around 2 years, no issues . I just change the water every week and store away form sunlight.

Sorry about the worry, I felt the Beston seemed to wear/dish quicker and felt different. Unfortunately, I never cared enough to get another Beston and try it side by side to see if all this was in my head!

I have a Beston 500 and a Gesshin 400 and they share a tub of water. A couple drops of bleach and a change of water every few weeks and they are ready to go to work anytime.

Back