Quantcast
should i be concerned? sabatier purchase on ebay
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: should i be concerned? sabatier purchase on ebay

should i be concerned? sabatier purchase on ebay

earlier today i got the winning bid on a vintage sabatier knife. looks like i got a pretty decent deal. heres a link to the final price and photo...
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-XXL-...vip=true&rt=nc
    then later on today, there was a newly listed sabatier...with the exact same photo. i know im not allowed to post links here of ebay auctions until theyre over, but if you search vintage sabatier professional chefs knife it should come up. why is a different seller using the same EXACT photo for a different auction?

I'm not sure. Its pretty weird that its relisted, but I wouldn't worry because the original seller you got it from has such a high feedback rating. I guess only time will tell. Good luck.

I agree and sometimes sellers are to lazy to take pictures of there own so they use ones from other listings.

I just checked the seller and it's not relisted now. That's a big honkin' knife bro - happy wielding.

Mike9, are you sure you're looking at the right knife? It's still for sale on the ebay app on my phone.

It's still listed. Item number 261214370306.

Well, I'm waiting to hear back from the seller, I just asked him about it.

Oops - went to your link and yes either there it is, or the seller is just using the same pics for multiple items. Have you emailed them? Did you use paypal - if so you should be covered.

Yeah, I def used PayPal. Here's the thing, as I'm sure many of you know, the photos for vintage sabs are very important because there's so much stuff to examine to get an idea of the condition( cracks in the handle, serious pitting, too much steel removed from years of sharpening)I would be pretty pissed off if the knife I receive isnt the one in the photo.
    Quick update-the seller just assured me the knife I purchased is the same knife in the picture.

The new listing is a different seller. It's against eBay's TOS to use another seller's photos, and eBay makes it hard to copy a listing photo (you have to use CaptureWiz or Snagit or something like that). I have a question in to the second seller.

FWIW, the feedback rating for the first seller (anna), at 98.6%, is not very good by eBay standards. The second seller (goptimus), who may have copied the photo, has a more typical 100% rating.

Please let us know when the knife arrives if it's identical to the picture.

+ Reply to Thread