Quantcast
F&F issues on Fujiwara Teruyasu Nashiji - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: F&F issues on Fujiwara Teruyasu Nashiji

Huw, I've been wanting to try one of those for quite some time, as well. I've read the Carter comparison before, and with Murray's blade, you'll sometimes find slight overgrinds above the edge, or slight differences that can be evened up while sharpening. My little funy I have from Murray has a similar look to the spine (not quite as noticeable), and the heel is very similar to your Fuji, as well. I never bothered tweaking it, because it's such a damn nice cutter, and it kind o went with the whole look/feel of the knife. With that being said, I'm curious to find out how this is handled.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

I'm curious about the possibillity of an uneven grind on this because I've experienced it too. When blades are left 'rustic' and the rougher cladding is not ground down and polished above the shinogi, I think it's possible that it could be left uneven and not affect your knife. My Kochi is like this, for example. I've thinned in part to see if I could straighten the shinogi more, and I have. However, there's never been a problem with unevenness with the bevels and edge themselves. So, no problem in other words.

I recieved a response from the maker
    "Dear Mr. Huw Jones

Thank you at once for your order .

Please don't worry about it . We don't polish the spine after tempering and we keep visible the three leaf making mark .
    So if it's make an awkward for you , please to return us the knife and we polish it for you or , use a sand paper for clean the spine .

Best regards

Fujiwara"

I am happy with the response, I will do the work myself, I really like how this knife performs
    Huw
    In order to make delicious food, you must eat delicious food. Jiro Ono

Did you get the wa handled version or the newer western handled ones that he has been making?

Quote Originally Posted by snowbrother View Post
    Did you get the wa handled version or the newer western handled ones that he has been making?
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Huw
    In order to make delicious food, you must eat delicious food. Jiro Ono

Sounds great! I suppose some makers might think ahead with things like this and perhaps design and enclose some kind of pamphlet detailing their approach, which in turn should help us appreciate them more.

Nice to hear it performs so well. I almost bought a gyuto last year. Now this makes me want to get something from them again. People sound very positive about the blades and there must be a good reason why they're carried on the JKI site.

Nice response and explanation from the maker.

Sponsors
    Quote Originally Posted by Patatas Bravas View Post
    Sounds great! I suppose some makers might think ahead with things like this and perhaps design and enclose some kind of pamphlet detailing their approach, which in turn should help us appreciate them more.

Nice to hear it performs so well. I almost bought a gyuto last year. Now this makes me want to get something from them again. People sound very positive about the blades and there must be a good reason why they're carried on the JKI site.
    for what its worth, we stopped carrying his knives a while back... i've only got 1 left in stock

Quote Originally Posted by JBroida View Post
    for what its worth, we stopped carrying his knives a while back... i've only got 1 left in stock
    One left? How about a sale!

Ah, that's a shame, though I'm sure they're still great knives. Is there any particular reason why?

I can't get over how much it looks like a Forgecraft. Maybe Fujiwara reads the forums(?)
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

+ Reply to Thread