I love PBS, but . . .

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike9

Banned
Reaction score
Joanne Weir cougaring her boy toy students is too much to watch. :scratchhead:

I've seen a few minutes of her show a couple times lately. I don't know who she is, but I HAAAAAATE her! She had a young woman who apparently taught a cooking class on the first time I saw it. They were talking knives a little bit--and she was honking and blatting and generally showing extreme ignorance--something along the lines of you don't want your students to have very sharp knives; after all, they could cut themselves. Just makes me want to slap the fool out of her.

I don't know that you have the money or if I have the energy to do that much slapping!

Mindbogling that she could have cooked at Chez Pannise for so long - which in spite of its issues (especially at the Cafe), usually serves a pretty tasty meal

I know and like Joanne. She is a good cook.

Mindbogling that she could have cooked at Chez Pannise for so long - which in spite of its issues (especially at the Cafe), usually serves a pretty tasty meal
Maybe the cafe, but I think the dinner is over rated.

My Mom was a good cook....but she didn't rate a TV show.

I've cooked with Joanne professionally. Most Chez cooks suck, well, all of them do, but she was pretty good. Long time ago, though. Nice lady.

That's what I meant but looking over my post I realize it was ambiguous, the cafe is great, downstairs is totally random, I don't eat there anymore as a result.

I never said she wasn't nice - just the demeanor on the show is hard to watch or take seriously. However - in the immortal words of #42" . . .

images

In the immortal words of Goldmember, she is tight like a tiger. Last time I saw here she looked like she had been up to some serious yoga.

Back