• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Many Stones (Synthetics and Jnats For Sale)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwrightthruya

Reaction score
Hi All,

Weeding out my stone tray a little bit...
NOTE: ALL PRICES ARE WITHOUT PAYPAL FEE, AND I WILL COVER MOST OF THE STONES SHIPPING TO CONUS ONLY (EXCEPTIONS WHERE NOTED).
I believe all the pics are self explanatory (albeit bad quality), but if you have any questions or need further pics just let me know. As another note: All Jnats are lapped and ready to go!!!
Thanks.
Chris

First Up: JNS 1k (Unused and Unlapped but dirty)
Asking: $53
stone+sell_14.jpg

2) WA Stone 320 grit: This one is used and needs some love as it is very dirty and need of lapping (this must be lapped with SIC)
Aksing : $45
stone+sell_15.jpg

stone+sell_16.jpg

3) Ozuku San Kiita LV5 (Final finisher for knives and Prepolisher for Straights). (205x55x23mm)
This is a beautiful stone and although hard, does not scratch jigane of knives, but in my opinion is not the best as a final finisher for straights. It is tremendously fast for its grit range and would make an excellent final finisher for knives or prepolisher for western straights or japanese kamisori.
Asking: $250
stone+sell_3.jpg

4) Ozuku San, Pure Mizu Asagi LV5+ ( 8.25” x 2.25” x 1”) ($240)
Awesome final finisher for Straight Razors, with original stamps. Not much else to say!!!
ozuku+mizu.jpg

5) Binsui (Hard stone) (2k grit), (220x70x60mm)
Asking $120
stone+sell_8.jpg

6)Otoyama Suita Lv4-4.5 (205x75x34mm)
This is a very very rare stone, almost impossible to find in as good a condition as this one. It is not easy to use and requires skill and knowledge of how to use hard Jnats on kasumi finished knives. But, it imparts the single best finish for Japanese damascus that I have encountered.
Asking $675---Shipping on this is not Included because it must be shipped via FEDEX with Tracking and INSURANCE
stone+sell_12.jpg

7) Ohira Suita (205x75x50mm)
What can I say....It's awesome. It has a line that I had to dig out, but otherwise is a very clean stone with no other toxic lines. It can refine a 1k finish in under 3 minutes, and is a very hard stone. This stone is easy for a beginner to use, but will take some practice to bring out all it can give. The price of these stones keeps skyrocketing. Every time I buy a new one, it is almost double the price of the previos one.
Asking $750---Shipping on this is not included because it must be shipped VIA FEDEX with insurance and tracking
Suita+Stone.jpg

Slurry+after+2+min.jpg

8) Shoubudani Kiita With Rainbow Patterns (205x75x40mm)
This is an excellent final finisher for kasumi knives. It is soft and very very easy to use. It is also easy to extract its full potential with just a little bit of practice. It had a small toxic line, but it was very shallow and I was able to completely dig it out. The small gouge in no way affects sharpening or finishing characteristics. Kiitas are some of the highest priced stones at the moment and this price reflects that this is an excellent quality Honyama Kiita.
Asking: $800---Shipping on this is not included because it must be shipped VIA FEDEX with insurance and tracking.
stone+sell_10.jpg

stone+sell_11.jpg

I'll take that JNS 1k for $53 shipped - PM sent.

Wow, some really rare and amazing stuff for sale... if this is what you're getting rid of, I can even imagine what you're keeping.

Officially the JNS 1k is sold.
I still have to return PM's on the Binsui.

So, I have decided that the FIRST BUYER of either one of the Suitas or the Shobudani Kiita, can at the buyers discretion for free choose to take the small Tsushima Nagura that I had for sale ealier. Its measurements are (45 mm x 45 mm x 45 mm) (a $50 value).

Or...Alternatively, can take a $50 discount off the price of the stone itself, or $100 off the price of any other stone Greater than $100 in the thread (Exception is the BINSUI).

This is only for the first buyer...

Regards,
Chris

So, I just reread the above "Discount" and it makes no sense to me...I really need to stop drinking before I post :nono:

This is better:

For anyone interested. To the FIRST BUYER of #6, #7, or #8. I will offer a 10% discount off the listed price and pick up the shipping to CONUS ONLY.

Hope that makes more sense ;)

Hi Guys,

So, I have had a ton of PM's about the Suitas and The Kiita (#6,7,8). To try and sort of "Sum UP" the answers I have given on PM.
The Otoyama suita is an excellent final finisher for Japanese Damascus, but is difficult to use for final finishing on a Kasumi knife because the stone itself is so hard. It does provide a great final finish for kasumi, but it will require A LOT of knowledge and skill to pull it off correctly.

The Ohira Suita is an excellent final finisher for kasumi knives and is incredibly fast. The line that you can see is the one that has been dug out by me. I am not sure if it runs deeper than what I have removed, but it is quite easy to remove a line. The line itself was not "very" toxic, but it did "buff" the Jigane when I used it on kasumi finished knives. Because I always try to make the best finish I can, I removed it. Although this stone is already a good deal at $750, Because it is not a "perfect stone", I have decided to provide 1 permanent Price reduction at several requests.
Final Price for Ohira Suita: $650 plus Paypal fees and shipping costs (however you would like to have it shipped)

The Shoubudani Kiita is another excellent finisher for kasumi knives. It is around a Lv3 in hardness and does make its own mud quite easily. It does have a spot of inclusion near the 1 corner which is easily avoidable, and I even considered just cutting the corner off to make it slightly more appealing, but chose not to. The picture color is off slightly, with the colors are much more vibrant in person. Considering the increasing prices of all things Kiita, this is a great deal at $800, but again, It is not a perfect stone. So, at request I am offering 1 price reduction to $700
Final Price for Shoubudani Kiita: $700 plus Paypal fee and shipping (any way the buyer wants to have it shipped)

Hope this answers all the questions.

Regards,
Chris

Price Drop on the Otoyama Suita to $625 plus paypal fee and shipping.

And to the first person to buy another stone...I will throw in the 320 wa for FREE. I really want this to go to a good home...but I would rather give it away than sell it so cheaply.

Thanks Chris

Adding to the list of currently for sale items- (Pics To Come!!!)

Shigefusa Karouchi Finished Single Bevel Santoku-
Before you say...there is no such thing as a single bevel santoku, that name came directly from Iizuka san himself. So, this is a rarity in its own right. Iizuka san makes santoku often, however he has only made and will only ever make 3 of these beauties. I have 1 of the 3. This knife has never been used or sharpened, however the bevel finish was slightly discolored and then subsequently scuffed up, so I tried polishing it with fingerstones...which did not work as well as I had hoped. Other than this, the knife is in perfect, unused condition.
Asking $250 plus paypal fees and shipping.

Atagoyama Nashiji Lv 3.5 (Final Finisher for kasumi knives) (I will add dimensions, but this is between a type 24 and type 30)
It is an excellent final finishing stone that I got from Maxim a couple years ago. I have a larger one that is a little lighter in colour, so I am selling this one. It is incredibly easy to use and produces mud on its own. It provides a scary sharp edge with plenty of bite and an excellent contrast between Jigane and Hagane.The sides and bottom are sealed, and it is lapped and ready to go.
Asking $425 plus shipping and paypal fee

Adding to the list of currently for sale items- (Pics To Come!!!)

Shigefusa Karouchi Finished Single Bevel Santoku-
Before you say...there is no such thing as a single bevel santoku, that name came directly from Iizuka san himself. So, this is a rarity in its own right. Iizuka san makes santoku often, however he has only made and will only ever make 3 of these beauties. I have 1 of the 3. This knife has never been used or sharpened, however the bevel finish was slightly discolored and then subsequently scuffed up, so I tried polishing it with fingerstones...which did not work as well as I had hoped. Other than this, the knife is in perfect, unused condition.
Asking $250 plus paypal fees and shipping.

Ouch ouch ouch.. I already have one, and been liking the knife so much. At this price you are offering, it is quite tempting to get a spare one.

Chef's armoury also has a Sakai Takayuki made single bevel knife in Santoku shape too. So it is real.

Hopefully this helps your sale, Chris. Mine turned out to be super awesome after a full sharpening and polishing:

shig_ku_santoku_2.jpg

shig_ku_santoku_3.jpg

I will buy Shig back Chris, please set it as Sold !

A good friend talked me into keeping the Shigefusa Santoku, so for Now I must retract my listing for it. Thanks all

A friend mentioned that my thread had gotten really messy so I am going to consolidate everything into 1 post with what is still available and prices.

Ozuku Kiita San Lv5- $215 plus paypal fees and I will cover shipping (conus), outside US split shipping-
Binsui- $100 plus paypal fees and I will cover shipping (conus), outside US split shipping
Otoyama Suita- $600 plus paypal fee and shipping- http://www.japanesenaturalstones.com/Otoyama-Suita-Lv4-p/535.htm
Ohira Suita- $625 plus paypal fee and shipping
Shoubu Kiita- $650 plus paypal fee and shipping-http://www.japanesenaturalstones.com/Shoubudani-Kiita-Rainbow-lv-3-p/939.htm

Final price drop.
Thanks All,
Regards,
Chris

Ohira Suita sold!!! Thanks Everyone. All others are still available.

Here is what is left:
Ozuku Kiita San Lv5- $215 plus paypal fees and I will cover shipping (conus), outside US split shipping-
Binsui- $100 plus paypal fees and I will cover shipping (conus), outside US split shipping
Otoyama Suita- $600 plus paypal fee and shipping- http://www.japanesenaturalstones.com...-Lv4-p/535.htm
Okudo Asagi from my other thread.

The Shoubudani Kiita is SPF

Back