Quantcast
Helpful Foodie Forums for home hacks...er cooks? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Helpful Foodie Forums for home hacks...er cooks?

the asian youtube channels i suggested have it all dumbed down so you don't have to worry about making it "off tasting".

=D

So tonight is was Mark Bittman's Ratatouille. Perfect starter for my foray back into the kitchen. It's summer so I guess I'll focus on dishes using fresh veggies. Simple to prep, lots of flavors and pretty hard to screw up. And I get to play with my knifes. Tomorrow do it again for practice. I want to have most meals I fix to be by memory. It's just easier that way.

http://www.nytimes.com/video/2011/08...tatouille.html

Yay - more videos. :-) They really do help me visualize the whole scenario all the way to what I think it will taste like. Maybe that's why I didn't stay with the fascination of cooking I had in my 20's. Reading a cookbook does not excite my palate. Yet.

Kenji at Serious Eats helped to the absolutely best prime rib I have ever eaten.

http://www.seriouseats.com/2009/12/t...tml?ref=search

simple recipe: http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2...tml?ref=search

Quote Originally Posted by Mike9 View Post
    I think you can watch Bittman's videos at the New York Times website.
    What's special in that video ??can someone suggest me juice reciepies for weigh loss which juice is best for lossing weight?

Water.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeC View Post
    Water.
    I hate to say it, but I think SpikeC is right. Sometimes water makes me feel a little queasy or I don't like the flavor, (blasted city water) so I flavor it ever so slightly with powdered no-cal something or other and seems to buffer it. Also, you have to lose water - through sweat, and replenish it with fresh water. :-) And keep a small water bottle handy so you have to keep refilling it. It's going to take me all summer but I have and 1 - 1 1/2 inch to lose, and then keep it off.

AB says food is juicier when your hungry as you produce more salavia. Hunger is your best sauce! Nice line Alton

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelCampbell View Post
    can someone suggest me juice recipes for weigh loss which juice is best for losing weight?
    Actually I think fresh fruits are your best bet - oranges, grape fruit, etc. No sugar added. My wife says acidic foods are wonderful for helping with weight loss, maybe because they don't add the carb and certainly no fat calories.

Squeeze a little grapefruit and pulp into your water for flavor and then go sweat it off.