Quantcast
Mark Richmond, popcorn and konosuke HDs - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Richmond, popcorn and konosuke HDs

Lid definitely. I put it on high with about an 1/8 of a cup of veg oil in the bottom. Let the oil feather and get hot. Dump in my kernels and coat with the oil. Put the lid on and let it pop for about two or three minutes. Then turn the heat down low for it to finish so you don't burn any kernels. We like nutritional yeast too or brown butter and 3 parts sugar to 1 part salt.

Quote Originally Posted by DeepCSweede View Post
    Has anyone tried any of Penzeys cheese seasonings on popcorn yet? Next trip, I may be picking some up. I used to have some fantastic sour cream n onion stuff too, but alas have not seen it in years.

You know what else is awesome...VooDoo-Creole seasoning from New Orleans. Just spicy enough and one of its primary ingredients is salt. It is perfect every time.
    I also prefer the kettle cooked...but alas I have no old dutch oven to use. Anyone know where I can pick one up?
    At Death's Door You Only Have 2 choices. Die Happy or Die Regretfully.
    Knowing this...........Choose 1 and Live!!!!!!!!!

This is where we go off topic. Read up on the effects of quinoa farming in Peru and Ecuador. What vegetarians and unthinking food persons have done simply put is put a staple grain of the population out of the price range of that people group. Imagine Cajuns or Asians being unable to afford rice, or An Italian unable to afford durum. Plenty of grains out there lets let this one be until we learn to better cultivate it

I also like voodoo, but slap ya mama's from ville platte is better

Okay, so having never done the home-made skillet popcorn thing before (have used air pop) can someone explain how it is so much better? Is it the method? The ability to use better kernels? I'm seriously in the dark here and popcorn has come up on like, 5 threads in the last week. Can someone help clue me in?

And to tie back to the Kono HD... uh... how does the stainless handle... um... chopping the corn kernels? Is that a legit tie-in?

Quote Originally Posted by Dardeau View Post
    I also like voodoo, but slap ya mama's from ville platte is better
    I LOVE slap ya mamma, but it's a little too hot for my wife on popcorn. We use it all the time for brased butternut squash though. mmmm Good stuff
    At Death's Door You Only Have 2 choices. Die Happy or Die Regretfully.
    Knowing this...........Choose 1 and Live!!!!!!!!!

so....I'm going to get in trouble if I talk about creamed corn?

well, that's probably appropriate no matter the context, that stuff is just nasty.

Great thread idea LOL (notice there's no comma).
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by bprescot View Post
    Okay, so having never done the home-made skillet popcorn thing before (have used air pop) can someone explain how it is so much better? Is it the method? The ability to use better kernels? I'm seriously in the dark here and popcorn has come up on like, 5 threads in the last week. Can someone help clue me in?
    In my experience popping in oil adds flavor, mouthfeel and helps salt/ seasoning stick better. Growing up we had an oil popper and ate popcorn regularly. Then in a heath-craze moment, the oil popper was tossed and replaced with a hot-air popper. The only way to make that popcorn taste good was to drown it in a ton of melted butter after it popped, which was, of course, unhealthy. So the hot-air popped was packed up and stashed, and we did not have popcorn anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by WildBoar View Post
    In my experience popping in oil adds flavor, mouthfeel and helps salt/ seasoning stick better. Growing up we had an oil popper and ate popcorn regularly. Then in a heath-craze moment, the oil popper was tossed and replaced with a hot-air popper. The only way to make that popcorn taste good was to drown it in a ton of melted butter after it popped, which was, of course, unhealthy. So the hot-air popped was packed up and stashed, and we did not have popcorn anymore.
    All things considered, I'd rather eat styrofoam packing peanuts than air popped popcorn.