Free International Shipping @ Rakuten.jp

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is pretty good since International s/h can often be $50

Promo can be found here

I never shopped there but would be interested in getting a knife or a stone if there are some very very good deals available...

ive been surfing there for the last 2 hours, and there are definitely some very very good deals avialable.

How do you find anything on that website? The search button doesn't do much good for me. I have to scroll through 20 pages every time I'm looking for anything.

And here I thought Rachel Ray's "Furi" (or is it furry?) was bad - but what the heck is this??

ab1-5513i.jpg

And this - "Lesbian Leh cheese knife"
rosle-12724.jpg

Gotta love the translations

Ordered a doi made Kama usuba at the start of the week so miss out on free shipping:( still it was only 20 bucks. $330 delivered and I have seen same knife in aus going for over double that.

As far as I can tell...195mm Aoinokou (bad spelling) ebony handle Sakai Takayuki. It's listed on Takayuki website as well. From a shop called yamakawa, which is where Len chu got his I think.

Not all shops participate int his promo. Yamakawa is not in for this free shipping, so don't sweat.

Am getting two Asahi cutting boards to upgrading my fish station at home.

How do you find anything on that website? The search button doesn't do much good for me. I have to scroll through 20 pages every time I'm looking for anything.

The only thing I have figured out is numbers e.g. "240" or "270" filters pretty well. Dont know how much im filtering out, but that plus strict price ranges is what i do.

well i couldnt really figure out which shops participating and which not. there is a list on which each shop should be listed, but when browsing other shops it keeps saying "free shipping"... i dont get it. best deals so far seem to be misono ux 10s and shapton stones.

well i couldnt really figure out which shops participating and which not. there is a list on which each shop should be listed, but when browsing other shops it keeps saying "free shipping"... i dont get it. best deals so far seem to be misono ux 10s and shapton stones.

you can search in #2 also look for fs2gm in title to make sure it has free s/h

i have this in cart but can't be sure if it's worth it or not

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/sugiyama/item/10001068/#googtrans/ja/en
http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/sugiyama/item/560089/#googtrans/ja/en

so, how can i be sure that ill get my items. theres no feedback section for the sellers, at least i cant find em...

Searching on Rakuten is infuriating. I used to search using Japanese words, and that worked better but since I don't know Japanese, it took some trial and error to figure out. But now they bought up buy.com, so I wonder how things are going to develop with the site.

k.

the deals i have in my cart seem to good to be true, i dont trust this.

the deals i have in my cart seem to good to be true, i dont trust this.

berko, I'm also looking to spend some dollars to help out the Japanese economy.
Show me what you have in your cart!

5 shapton pro stones, although i already own em all, 1 tojiro dp 240 deba, 1 tojiro 240 gyuto, 1 tojiro 150 honesuki.

well, i just noticed that the package would be to heavy to be free shipping.

well, i just noticed that the package would be to heavy to be free shipping.

That's too bad, what's the limit.

By the way, I've been looking at some of their Shapton ceramics (30k for instance) and I'm not convinced that the prices are that much better?

also, be careful: it has to be from 1 shop owner, otherwise they won't combine items across?

Not all prices are great but some are very good. I am still not sure what knife to get, I wanted a petty and parking but besides those two, I am not sure what's out there.

well im in germany. usually a shapton pro 1k goes for 51 € with shipping best price. on rakuten i get it for 27 €, with customs, shipping free. to me thats a good deal.

well im in germany. usually a shapton pro 1k goes for 51 € with shipping best price. on rakuten i get it for 27 €, with customs, shipping free. to me thats a good deal.

Indeed! 27 Euros for any really good 1k is pretty amazing. I think I spent close to 100 dollars shipped on most of my 1k's. I'm tempted now.

yup, checked there, these about $10-15 less + free shipping.
just friendly reminder, Rakuten state they aren't responsible for damage/defective/lost in shipping for over-sea order item!! if transaction went smooth...congrasulation, you got good deal!! if not, you have to eat all lost cost....on the other hand, Koki(JCK) will refund/exchange if you are not satisfy the item you order!! for just $17~$22 saving.... I'll choice JCK:2cents:

they have suisin inox honyaki gyutos, sugimoto #6 cleavers, and a few masamoto lines all priced pretty low...havent been able to find a misono swed in a 270 length yet...lots of cools looking knives ive never heard of too. I dont know. id rather support a vendor. someone who has your back incase of problems.

Misono Swed 270

Search with:
スウェ-デン ミソノ 27

There should be a bunch in the $220 range.
Not sure if that's a good deal though.

Back