Quantcast
"I need a car" - Sale - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "I need a car" - Sale

Hi, here the pics of the takohiki and the deba. Both really nice. I always said I won't leave Hawaii before I have taken apart a tuna. Now, if someone takes the deba and it comes to that, I will have to borrow one from Geezr

Stefan
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Stefan, I can probably loan u my monster deba that u rehandled if it came to that LOL

Thanks Chris. I was thinking skipjack, but for your knife I need to buy a big ahi

Takohiki is SPF (sorry Pete, but you are still second if anything changes).
    Carter gyuto also seems like it is SPF, someone talked me out of it... (final decision after more pics).

About the 'katsuo-bocho' (? Thanks chef): Maybe the price is a bit stiff for an unusual knife with unclear steel, so I am going to $230 for the cleaned-up knife. The other prices seem fair to me, if you think differently or have an offer, please PM me.

Thanks,

Stefan

Is carter available? If so I'd like to try a funayuki out. I live in Hawaii too so shipping wouldn't cost u a thing

Sorry, the Carter funayuki is sold and shipped, the takohiki should go out tomorrow. Carter gyuto is under consideration and I hope to find out soon.

Stefan

O.k., the Carter gyuto is still available. This is the knife under the 'strange fish knife':

Carter IP gyuto, blue steel core clad in stainless, 7.5 sun (approx. 225mm), nickel silver bolster, desert ironwood handle, center mosaic pin. The knife has been embarrassingly under-used, still has the original edge on it. But from use and sitting here on a tropical island, it has patinaed a bit. So, here is what I thought I'd offer: I will send the knife to Dave for a spa treatment i.e. fresh edge and making it look pretty again, and Dave will forward it to you as soon as it's done. $750 gets you a barely used, refreshed Carter IP in a steel that Murray does not use anymore. Of course you will miss out on the 2 year wait time

Stefan

I think he's done making IPs... So this one is now a rare one. Mine is by far one of my best cutters.

Thanks Antonio, no doubt, it is a great cutter. I never thought about selling it, but for the first time in my life I am in a financial situation where I just have to give up a few prized (!) possessions to get by, otherwise it would be a 'from my cold, dead hands...'-knife. I will probably give it its own thread at some point if people miss it here.

Stefan

One laughing and one crying eye: the IP gyuto is sold - Thanks!

Stefan

Congratulations on the sale!

I'm sorry you "have" to sell anything that you don't want to, but it's just stuff. I admire your attitude.