Quantcast
Who will win the world cup?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will win the world cup?

Who will win the world cup?

Lots of matches going on. Brazil is hanging by a thread of a hair. Maybe Colombia will do the trick. Who will be the champion this time?

Germany
    "Meat, vegetables, a fish, an all-around kitchen knife including the bread. It is unsuitable for the thing which is too hard because a blade is thin." -Engrish

Quote Originally Posted by chefwatson View Post
    Germany
    +!

Depends who makes it through the "hard side" of the tournament.

France, Germany or Colombia are the contenders for me, Brazil is showing an aweful game so far. I think it will be either Colombia or Germany facing Arentina or the Netherlands - pherhaps Belgium - in the final.

Germany or Colombia will subsequently go on winning the final.

Please, not Germany, otherwise my colleagues will become unbearable for at least a month

I think Germany is over rated, Belgium is very underrated too

A lot of the big favorites have been a little underwhelming lately. After seeing Belgium yesterday I can see them winning it; they have a great goalkeeper and man are they fast

yes it's goanna be Belgium for sure.

Belgium - I think they looked good against the US, but that's because it was quite - end-to-end stuff, and must have been exhausting. Basically, the US doesn't have the players and technique to play possession football, nor the organisation to stifle Belgium. They had to rely, instead, on a career performance by the keeper and hope they'd catch Belgium out with their running and long balls. They basically played and English game, and with lots of spirit. Belgium has the players, though, and if one of their over 30 (!) shots had gone in earlier in the match, it might have been a blow out. There were enough chances for several matches.

Nah, I can't see Belgium doing it, but there is no obvious frontrunner either at this point, and no one knows. Colombia I haven't seen, but they sound great. However, they've never won it (not even close) and though they're talented they don't have enough big, experienced players.

I'd say Holland has a good chance of beating Argentina, but now the report is that De Jong's out for the rest of the cup, and the Dutch defense looked quite exposed after he came off against Mexico. He was playing so well, but now imagine facing Messi in a potential semi-final.

Brazil seem about to break out into tears whenever possible; just too emotional and drained, and now Neymar's having fitness doubts.

Ruud Gullit's described Argentina as the worst team with the best players, and the darkhorse. Messi doesn't have enough support in the centre, though, and if he doesn't conjure something then, ...

Germany aren't quite convincing either, in addition to lacking some injured players; and teams can def score against them.

France can look good, but haven't played anyone really strong yet. Who knows.

Would be hard to place a bet on this one....

At this point, I have no clue. Before the tournament started, I thought if Argentina manages to form their good individual players into a team, they should be a favorite, but I have been underwhelmed by them in all their games. Should Germany beat France, they will meet Brasil with a whole country behind it or Columbia, and I don't think they would win either of those games with this coach. So, the team that really will be interesting to watch is the Netherlands, and I would not mind if they won. They always had very good teams, especially when considering the size of the country, and this year they have a coach with a concept and excellent players (and no players who spit at other people...). In any case, all four coming games are very interesting and I really look forward to watching them.

Stefan

+ Reply to Thread