Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need help W/SubWoofer Selection

need help W/SubWoofer Selection

Bestbuy DVD player died, new on has 7.1 analog out, have everything but the sub covered. Also have zero experience with Subs..

This is the sort list so far

SVS SB-1000

Primus PS312

Polk PSW125

Bic America F12

JBL ES 250PBK

Any comments/ recommendations welcome.

The SVS unit is at the absolute Limit of the budget, so no $ 3,000.00 options

My first question is, do you live in your own home or an apartment/townhouse/condo. Your neighbors might not hear what's coming from the speakers, but a sub can be heard a mile away.

Velodyne have alway had great feedback for the price. I like the one I have.
    One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

Quote Originally Posted by 99Limited View Post
    My first question is, do you live in your own home or an apartment/townhouse/condo. Your neighbors might not hear what's coming from the speakers, but a sub can be heard a mile away.
    Own home, roughly 20ft on each side from the neighbors. Sub will go in living room 14X25 ft. angled ceiling 8 to 12 ft.

I have had a couple of SVS subs and I would highly recommend them! Are you using it for movies or music? That room is pretty big for subs that small btw.

Quote Originally Posted by rdmalak View Post
    I have had a couple of SVS subs and I would highly recommend them! Are you using it for movies or music? That room is pretty big for subs that small btw.
    The Subs listed are about all I could bring into the house , without being Murdered in my sleep by the wife

I have a cyclinder SVS subwoofer which was around $1000 five years ago. Still going strong and well made.

I suggest that you research on the Crutchfield website.I use an Infinity in my home and JL in my truck.

Movies or music? I have a Rel Britannia B1 for a fairly high end two channel setup, an SVS I used to use for movies (it is huge) and a new Velodyne 12". For all round or just movies, I like the Velodyne. You might need to go with their 10" to stay under budget, but great subs in a much smaller package than SVS.