Quantcast
SHAVE OF THE DAY - Page 12
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: SHAVE OF THE DAY

Pete - Thanks man!

Markenki - The GTF coconut makes a great lather and the coconut scent is very mild and milky witch i like.

Baby Huey - like cord_steele sugested, i have a dirty bird scuttle and i like it alot. i do recommend it.

Razor: Bengall CastSteel Wedge
    Brush: 1899 Sterling silver bush
    Cream: TOBS Sandalwood
    AS: Dr.Harris Sandalwood

Love this Bengall, big smile on my face and edge

With the sterling work in the handle of that brush,it looks like an antique.Are those the original brush hairs & if so they still work after 114 years?

Quote Originally Posted by keithsaltydog View Post
    With the sterling work in the handle of that brush,it looks like an antique.Are those the original brush hairs & if so they still work after 114 years?

i have replaced the orginal boar hair with badger hair

What modern brush would you recomm.I got a tweezerman & it keeps shedding hairs.

What modern brush would you recomm.I got a tweezerman & it keeps shedding hairs.
    Depends on what u wanna spend. Low range but good quality is new forest. Mid range rod neep. Highend simpson.m&f.rooney etc

Mr Magnus,

I have a question for you...I am getting really tired of trying to find razors that work GOOD and spend money on the replacement cartridges...What is the best DE suggestion...to do it quickly obviously

Quote Originally Posted by CoqaVin View Post
    Mr Magnus,

I have a question for you...I am getting really tired of trying to find razors that work GOOD and spend money on the replacement cartridges...What is the best DE suggestion...to do it quickly obviously

Im not a DE user so i cant speak much about what is good and not. Maybe Tom/Lefty can help you

Thanks Mr. Magnus I will check into the brushes.

CoqaVin I got the Merkur long handle chrome finish,I have seen it for under 40.00.I like it alot I found if I take the blade out & clean it after shaving a blade will last quite a while.Cuz it is DE,I just flip the head around after half shave & use the other side.I got good info. here get a sample blade set to see what blade you like the best.If you buy in bulk the blades are cheap.

Thinking about getting a butterfly head, an old one in good shape is a good bet.Mr. Magus turned me on to Dr. Harris Sandlewood aftershave.It's good stuff & a small bottle will last.I use tiny amount everyday & hardly put a dent in the bottle after months of use.

Thanks Mr. Magnus I will check into the brushes.

CoqaVin I got the Merkur long handle chrome finish,I have seen it for under 40.00.I like it alot I found if I take the blade out & clean it after shaving a blade will last quite a while.Cuz it is DE,I just flip the head around after half shave & use the other side.I got good info. here get a sample blade set to see what blade you like the best.If you buy in bulk the blades are cheap.

Thinking about getting a butterfly head, an old one in good shape is a good bet.Mr. Magus turned me on to Dr. Harris Sandlewood aftershave.It's good stuff & a small bottle will last.I use tiny amount everyday & hardly put a dent in the bottle after months of use.

Which blades do you use? shaving cream or soap? I don't know anything about this stuff