Quantcast
SHAVE OF THE DAY - Page 19
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: SHAVE OF THE DAY

Mr M - are all of these razors and brushes yours? If so, sick collection! If not, then what fun to use some many different ones.

Ever consider doing a vid on how you hone & strop one of your razors? I'm curious to see how you do it. Your edges must be super fine if you shave so frequently. As I've said before, I can't straight shave more than every 3 days, 2 at the most, or my face get too raw. My edges seem pretty smooth to me and shave quite well, but there is a bit of inconsistency from one shave to the next. I know I have room for improvement.
    Shibui - simplicity devoid of unnecessary elements

Magnus's edges are superb. I bought one of his BST razors, and it came with a fantastic JNat edge on it. I think there are some videos he has done of honing buried in here somewhere.

mpukas - I read somewhere that to toughen your face you actually should shave MORE with a straight rather than less, as it helps your face adjust to the new regimen. I am nowhere near an experienced straight shaver, probably just around 100 shaves in, but the more often I shave, the better my face has handled subsequent shaves.

Biggest rawness reducers for me to date: nice strop makes a big difference, face prep, keeping the angle shallow, focusing on a good with the grain pass, and finding the right soap. I tried creams and soaps, and finally dialed in on what works for me - natural ingredients, tons of tallow, and minimal perfumes, soap face lathering. Try Mikes Natural Soaps if you haven't - they are what got me over the rawness hump in conjunction with more experience. Also, I am STILL learning the best ways to hit my weird growth patterns on my trouble spots (next to mouth, and neck.) If raw, I would only aim for respectable shaves by giving a few passes with the grain. Once those irritation-free shaves start, it is easier to build on them with extra ATG por XTG passes as your face allows.

Mpukas - Yes thay are all mine. or 99% lol . i do have one honing video where i show all steps (with magnification x200) from 1k up to 16k on syntetic stones then i finish on a Japanese Ozuku Asagi with dmt slurry that i dilute to water witch works on this stone but many jnats works diffrent most jnats you hone with the slurry all the way to finish with very little water adding or no water adding honing to almost dry stone. its from stone to stone.

Skiajl - Thanks for the kind words. im happy straight shaving is going so well for you.

Razor: Towa
    Brush: Neep Custom 24mm XST
    Soap: T&H Grafton
    AS: T&H Grafton

乾杯 / Kanpai

Shave of the day

Razor: Star-Raito Japanese razor
    Brush: Edwin & Jagger Badger brush
    Strop: Kanayama 20,000
    Soap: D R Harris Windsor

Not a good shave. I'm still fairly new, but today I was a little too eager, ended up with a few nicks here and there. Still got a lot to learn...

Shave of the day - Christmas Gear!
    Mikes Peppermint and Rosemary Soap
    Chubby 2 Best
    Filarmonica 13
    Tony Miller Strop
    Nivea Sensitive After Shave Balm

Excellent shave - skin a little sensitive with dry skin thanks old man winter.

Razor: Heljestrand MK29
    Brush: Simpson Tulip T3 Manchurian Badger
    Cream: Dr.Harris Windsor
    AS: Dr.Harris Sandalwood

Smal but damn good.

Razor: Custom Powell 8/8 Smiling Blade In Muskox Horn Scale
    Brush: Rod Neep Custom Tall Zebra Deep Mount
    Cream: Penhaligon's Endymion
    ASB: Bulldog
    EDT: Boss Soul

Very fun razor to shave with.

Razor: SSA 7/8