International Shipping Changes & New Volume Discounts

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
Changes went into effect today for International Shipping.
I had to make this change because there were too many international orders for single, low priced items. My cost to ship a single piece internationally is about $24.
So I had to make a choice between imposing a minimum order size or restructure the international shipping charges. I think I have come up with a reasonable compromise.

Any International Order placed will be charged a $20 Flat Rate for shipping.
It doesn't matter whether the order is for 1 piece or 6 pieces. The total cost for shipping is $20.
Free International Shipping for orders over $100.
You don't have to enter any special codes or anything. When the store software sees an order that totals over $100 it will automatically remove the shipping charge.

Volume Discounts were changed (increased) as well.
Now if you place an order over $200 the store software will automatically apply a 10% discount to your order.
For orders over $500 there will be a 20% discount instead.
And for larger wholesale orders over $1000 there will be a 30% discount.

Volume discounts are calculated a bit differently now.
With the new web store software it applies a discount in a dollar amount instead of a percentage.
When you add pieces to the shopping cart it shows the dollar amount of discount that is being applied to your order.
Now there is no wondering how much of a volume discount you are getting.

USPS has raised their shipping rates so I had to make some changes in what I charge.
I have also added the option to ship your order Priority Mail Express.

Your package will usually be shipped within 2 business days following your order. If extra services such as cutting scales are being provided please allow a couple days extra. When your order is packaged to ship you will receive an email with applicable tracking information. Express shipments will be shipped out next day when possible. Times for shipping do not include weekends and postal service holidays.

US Shipping - There are 2 flat rate shipping options. This flat rate is the cost to ship your package regardless of how many pieces your order contains.
USPS Priority Mail $6.80 (padded flat rate envelope) Delivery in up to 3 business days. Includes tracking.
USPS Priority Mail Express $22.95 (padded flat rate envelope) Delivery in up to 2 business days. Includes tracking.
Free Priority Mail shipping in the US for orders over $100

Canada Shipping - There are 2 flat rate shipping options. This flat rate is the cost to ship your package regardless of how many pieces your order contains.
USPS Priority Mail $23.95 (padded flat rate envelope) Delivery in 6 to 10 business days. Shipping and delivery confirmations only.
USPS Priority Mail Express $41.50 (padded flat rate envelope) Delivery in 3 to 5 business days. Includes tracking.
Free Priority Mail shipping in Canada for orders over $200

International Shipping - There are 2 flat rate shipping options. This flat rate is the cost to ship your package regardless of how many pieces your order contains.
USPS Priority Mail $32.95 (padded flat rate envelope) Delivery in 6 to 10 business days. Shipping and delivery confirmations only.
USPS Priority Mail Express $59.50 (padded flat rate envelope) Delivery in 3 to 5 business days. Includes tracking.
Free Priority Mail shipping International for orders over $300

Timeframes listed above are based on USPS averages. Some countries may take extra time processing packages through customs.

Customs paperwork for international orders.
Most countries are becoming very strict with customs paperwork. In some instances impounding or returning non complying packages.
To meet most countries requirements each package will include the actual invoice for your order inside the package. Customs paperwork on the exterior of the package will match the invoice in regards to value and description of contents.
If your country requires additional documentation or procedures please explain in the notes during checkout. Example; some countries may require proof of payment and invoice to be attached to the outside of the package for customs workers inspection.

Back