Quantcast
Stone Envy
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stone Envy

Stone Envy

I have quite a few stones at this point and I thought I was basically done buying them. But I recently tried out a friend's Aoto. It's big, essentially black and feels incredibly smooth and leaves a nice edge. The problem is it's a fairly expensive stone and I already have several stones in that grit range. Still, I can't seem to stop thinking about running my edges over that thing...

Don't go over to Jon's place then. Doesn't he personally own more that 40 or 50 stones.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." --Albert Einstein

Too late . . .
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"

Aoto are nice stones, but quality ones are hard to find and are expensive.
    Getting into naturals is also a big adventure for the wallet.

Unfortunately I can't relate. I just never had a similar obsession with stones, yet I absolutely love to sharpen.

Part of me has been curious to try some new ones, but I don't want to spend any money on them--especially ones that cost the same as a quality knife.

Can we still be friends?

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac J View Post
    Unfortunately I can't relate. I just never had a similar obsession with stones, yet I absolutely love to sharpen.

Part of me has been curious to try some new ones, but I don't want to spend any money on them--especially ones that cost the same as a quality knife.

Can we still be friends?
    Welcome to the minimalist club

I took a pic of all my naturals for another forum, although I have good number I still think of the next one

Quote Originally Posted by rockbox View Post
    Don't go over to Jon's place then. Doesn't he personally own more that 40 or 50 stones.
    He does have a pile and it's growing but I can honestly say I don't dream about any of them except for two and neither is a "finishing" stone. I only have one friend (that I know of) that at least occasionally dreams about stones and isn't a geologist.

Nice collection, btw, Stefan. I hope my disease doesn't progress that far...

Quote Originally Posted by tk59 View Post
    He does have a pile and it's growing but I can honestly say I don't dream about any of them except for two and neither is a "finishing" stone. I only have one friend (that I know of) that at least occasionally dreams about stones and isn't a geologist.
    I wonder who that might be...

Quote Originally Posted by mainaman View Post
    I took a pic of all my naturals for another forum, although I have good number I still think of the next one

That's the amount of knives I hope I'd be having lol.. You lock them up at night or what?

+ Reply to Thread