Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Supporting Member Expiration

Supporting Member Expiration

I may have missed earlier messages (or not), but only three days notice for an expiry e-mail for a supporting member was a bit short IMO. I didn't see the e-mail and my PMs dropped to 50 stored. I have more flex on my credit cards (just saying). I renewed it, but my PMs privileges have not caught up yet. BEWARE MEMBERS, RENEW ON TIME.

Just FYI.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Reply to myself.

So my PMs have 'sort of' caught up. I have more room but still have to delete 99 messages before I can send or receive. I honestly will not be sorting through this any time soon, so consider my PMs done for now.

I give the new ownership some slack on figuring this out, but it would be helpful to clarify PM policies and give longer warning. I no longer feel I know what the limits are.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Administrator
    The catch up should be instant unless you use an echeck, in which case it can take up to three days.

Is there an issue with # of stored PMs getting reduced upon renewal, or is it still 200?

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    The catch up should be instant unless you use an echeck, in which case it can take up to three days.
    You are correct in that it was fast to get bumped up again, BUT whatever quota I had for PMs before my subscription expired went down and has stayed down. I'm not sure what it was before, but I had to spend a lot of time cleaning up and even now I am just under the limit.

k.

The last message I got on this said I have a limit of 400PMs. Not sure what you got re-set to Mr. Drinky.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Zwiefel View Post
    The last message I got on this said I have a limit of 400PMs. Not sure what you got re-set to Mr. Drinky.

That sound right as I had 300+ and could still PM before renewal, but when I renewed I was knocked down to 200.

k.

OK Mr D you should be all set now. The limit for a supporting member is 400.

Looks like two things happened here....

1. When you re-upped you chose a different group than you belonged to before. BTW, you've done this everytime you've re-upped....LOL

2. The group you chose this time had it's limit set to 200 which was a mistake.

FYI, if you don't re-up by the due date the system automatically defaults you back to a regular user which means a loss of 350 PM's. It doesn't do this until your time is up though.

Hope this helps clear things up.

I guess simple people like me, who just fell off the potato truck don't understand these things very well

Anyhow, I tried my best, but you have to admit that the categories are confusing. They are all the same price and the descriptions are similar. In the e-mail, it said that my
    "Senior Supporting Member - One Year" was expiring, but when I got to the list of subscriptions, there was one for "Founding Senior Supporting Member" so I chose that one instead as it seemed to fit and the description was the same as the other one. I guess I was wrong.

Regardless, thanks for fixing it and I probably needed to clean up my inbox anyhow.

k.

Hey no problem K I'd probably do the same thing myself because it is confusing. I know I get mixed up with the groups all the time myself.