another damascus san mai

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Burke

Reaction score
here is another damascus san mai blade. this one is 416 stainless and pure nickle with a 52100 core.

this is the blade only I will post more picture when it is finished

large.jpg

Bill: That is stunning! Thanks for sharing.

Oooh, I love the idea of 52100 as the core steel, and this looks stunning! I'm a bit of a whore for cool looking knives, sexy Damascus And 52100, so this one here is right up my alley! I'll pm you my address

:yatta:

Oooh, I love the idea of 52100 as the core steel, and this looks stunning! I'm a bit of a whore for cool looking knives, sexy Damascus And 52100, so this one here is right up my alley! I'll pm you my address

:yatta:

just come down to blade show and pick it up!!!:dazed: :idea2:Hell I'll even put a musk ox WA handle on it for you. With a mokume ferral.:Ooooh:

Now two of those put together would make one hell of a cool looking pair of kitchen shears:D
Bill I love the way your Damascus San Mai looks, and it just keeps looking better every new knife I see you make with it. Every time I see something new you do I say, " it can't get any better then X" but year after year you still Surprise me every time.

just come down to blade show and pick it up!!!:dazed: :idea2:Hell I'll even put a musk ox WA handle on it for you. With a mokume ferral.:Ooooh:

Ah, you toy with me!
If only I could go to the blade show! Doh! Sadly, road trips, or any trip for that matter, are not in the cards for me anytime soon! Double dang!

Ah, you toy with me!
If only I could go to the blade show! Doh! Sadly, road trips, or any trip for that matter, are not in the cards for me anytime soon! Double dang!

Sorry, just having some fun. Didn't meen to be rude.

Now two of those put together would make one hell of a cool looking pair of kitchen shears:D
Bill I love the way your Damascus San Mai looks, and it just keeps looking better every new knife I see you make with it. Every time I see something new you do I say, " it can't get any better then X" but year after year you still Surprise me every time.

Colin would love to do it for you. didn't think you needed them any longer.

Colin would love to do it for you. didn't think you needed them any longer.

Needs and wants are two totally different things. And I don't plane on staying out of the kitchen for any longer then I have to. I have a MRI this Tuesday if it goes ok and everything else stays alright ill be back in the kitchen before the end of the summer. That's the plan at least.

Just saw the photos of this at EE. Beautiful work again, Bill. Really like the new script maker's mark!

Crossing our fingers for you Colin.
Needs and wants are two totally different things. And I don't plane on staying out of the kitchen for any longer then I have to. I have a MRI this Tuesday if it goes ok and everything else stays alright ill be back in the kitchen before the end of the summer. That's the plan at least.

thanks guys.

Lucretia, glad you like it. I guess those engraving lessons worked huh?

very tasty Bill

Question: can the back edge of the heel section be slightly chamfered? would this help finger fatigue for people who rest their middle finger against this edge for a long time. I saw this little feature on a Kitaeji knife from Shigefusa, thought it was a good idea

very tasty Bill

Question: can the back edge of the heel section be slightly chamfered? would this help finger fatigue for people who rest their middle finger against this edge for a long time. I saw this little feature on a Kitaeji knife from Shigefusa, thought it was a good idea

Neelesh,

I normally round the back edges but only slightly and have been thinking (at Daniel EE's advice) that I need to completely round this area for just the reason you are saying. I'll have to give it a try.

Latest posts

Back