• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Saya

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jared08

Reaction score
I had a bad experience today with a fellow cook going to move my unzipped knife bag and my sabaki bocho fell out breaking about 3-4mm off the tip. It was a realization that I need to invest in Sayas for my blades. Wondering if anybody has sayas that would fit a 240 Watanabe gyuto, a 240 Tojiro gyuto, ~145mm Zakuri sabaki bocho, and a 152mm tanake petty thats on its way to me. If not, who i can contact about getting them made?
Thanks
Jared

Well there are generic ones available from several sources. Korin to name one.

I would have suggested Burke cutlery but, He doesn't make them anymore and well I haven't seen any of my knives since OCT. last year.

So, does anybody have a 3-D printer already? Just wondering.... :)

Stefan

I have heard you can order prints. I was thinking of trying to get a saya printed but at this point
still just thinking.

So, does anybody have a 3-D printer already? Just wondering.... :)

Stefan

Gave an attempt at making my own today and my table saw **** the bed in the middle of everything. guess ill be going with a few generics from retail and a custom or two if $ allows.

whats this 3D printer nonsense you speak of??

I am attempting to 3d model what would be a 3d printable saya. First attempt is not bad, I don;t think it would be long before I could do one to specific specs. The biggest problem I foresee is that most 3d printers will do 4'' or 6'' objects. So Big ones will be difficult to print. Possibly have to print in sections and assemble.

Back