• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Saya

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jared08

Reaction score
I had a bad experience today with a fellow cook going to move my unzipped knife bag and my sabaki bocho fell out breaking about 3-4mm off the tip. It was a realization that I need to invest in Sayas for my blades. Wondering if anybody has sayas that would fit a 240 Watanabe gyuto, a 240 Tojiro gyuto, ~145mm Zakuri sabaki bocho, and a 152mm tanake petty thats on its way to me. If not, who i can contact about getting them made?
Thanks
Jared

Well there are generic ones available from several sources. Korin to name one.

I would have suggested Burke cutlery but, He doesn't make them anymore and well I haven't seen any of my knives since OCT. last year.

So, does anybody have a 3-D printer already? Just wondering.... :)

Stefan

I have heard you can order prints. I was thinking of trying to get a saya printed but at this point
still just thinking.

So, does anybody have a 3-D printer already? Just wondering.... :)

Stefan

Gave an attempt at making my own today and my table saw **** the bed in the middle of everything. guess ill be going with a few generics from retail and a custom or two if $ allows.

whats this 3D printer nonsense you speak of??

I am attempting to 3d model what would be a 3d printable saya. First attempt is not bad, I don;t think it would be long before I could do one to specific specs. The biggest problem I foresee is that most 3d printers will do 4'' or 6'' objects. So Big ones will be difficult to print. Possibly have to print in sections and assemble.

Latest posts

Back