Quantcast
Mushroom Monday!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mushroom Monday!

Mushroom Monday!

Good morning everyone! Its my favorite time of the year here in Michigan, Mushroom season.

I will spend alot of time this week on a search for these wonderful edibles!

Here are some secured yesterday. just about a 1/4 pound. Good snack. But we want MORE!! SO its off to the woods.

Stay sharp my friends!
    Randy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mushroom monday! 002 (800x687).jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	203.0 KB 
ID:	15403  

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

I'll be poking around a bit North but they'll probably pop after the rain we get this week. I've heard of some coming up now so I'll scout out some spots.

I was going to go hunting for some of those guys to, apparently they grow where trilliums grow

Mushroom time in Washington too. Just picked up fresh porcini at the farmers market. Tons of black morels too! Havent seen whites yet. When I lived in north carolina, we were siting our house on some land when my cousin said " wow, look at the cool mushroom". Well they were Morels, Tons of them. Got a at least a pound that year. Unfortunately they never came back the same. Fun!!

I just love these little fungus's

We found quite a few this morning and just finished our traditional first shrooms of the year meal. I reserved a pound of Venison back strap every year for the first shrooms and come up with some crazy concoction for luck using the shrooms and back straps. This year was Steal and mushroom burritos! Grilled of course.

Tomorrow we will hit another area and see if we fair better then today. I have eaten the whites. but dont often find them. Its mainly the blacks and the tans that we find.
    Where is the best locations for the whites? Or do they tend to grow in the same places that you locate the blacks and tans?

Nap time. lol

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Quote Originally Posted by HHH Knives View Post
    This year was Steal and mushroom burritos!
    With anyone else I'd assume "steal" was a typo for "steak" but I can never be sure with you crazy forgers..
    "I gotta tell ya, this is pretty terrific. Ha hahaha, YEAH!" - Moe (w/ 2 knives). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVt4U...layer_embedded

those are perfect...so clean.

Going out myself, in the am.

Those look great. Not much is as exciting as fresh mushrooms, to me.

Quote Originally Posted by cheflarge View Post
    Going out myself, in the am.
    How did ya do? Any shrooms?

Availible Knives