• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTT: Tanaka R2 Damascus Micarta 150 Petty, also WTB!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samuelpeter

Reaction score
This knife is a recent acquisition for me. I absolutely love it, but cannot, at the moment, keep it. It's one of the best cutters I've touched and the R2 feels amazing on stones. It's in great shape, but has been used.

I've got a couple stages lined up and am moving back into pro kitchens. I'm a LEFTY and would prefer to not have a right-biased blade to correct. What I'm interested in or need and don't have:

-150 petty, carbon or good stainless
-270-300 suji, carbon
-240-270 gyuto, carbon (or super tasty stainless)
-honesuki
-bread knife

I'd be willing to trade for combinations of these. If you have a knife to sell that a mostly poor person could afford, I could consider buying it outright. Also, does anyone have a CarboNext or Artifex laying around? I've been curious to try one.

Thanks, guys!

AdobePhotoshopExpress_2013_05_20_110905.jpg

PMs replied to.

I should add that my other worthwhile knives are a 240 Moritaka AS gyuto and a 270 Sakai Yusuke AEB-L gyuto. I'm hoping to round this out into a fuller work kit. I can't keep her because I need knives I'd feel (more) comfortable having in a pro kitchen.

Sam, I've got a Wustoff bread knife I can give you, PM me if interested.

You may want to put up a base price for this knife as well.

is this knife still available? and is it sharpened with a left handed bias?

This is still available. No bias on the edge. In fact, it should probably be seen by someone with far better sharpening skills than me.

I'm interested in carbon gyutos under 270mm. I'd love a 210 line knife.

Back