Tornadoes in Texas

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lefty

Canada's Sharpest Lefty
Reaction score
I know we have a lot of members in Texas, and surrounding states, and I just want to send some positive energy out that way, and to the other areas that are under threat of potentially devastating storms. It's a scary time of year for many of you, and I hope that everyone and ther loved ones are safe and sound.

I find sometimes we don't take a second to step back and contemplate the magnitude of the events that go on all over the world. I'm not always one to do this, but today it just seems appropriate. Let's all send prayers, thoughts or whatever we believe in to those who could use some good, right now.

I'm getting reports from my friends in Oklahoma and they say it's bad. Here in Texas it's not been to terrible, but the fact remains that the weather is causing some major concern right now.

Good to read you and your friends are safe, despite the devastation. Let's hope not too much was lost.

I know this is a minor thing, but would it be possible to change the title of this thread to read "Tornadoes in Texas and Oklahoma"? I thought I included it to begin with, and it just seems wrong not have the area that is hardest hit in the title.

Again, it's good to read that our members are safe.

Sending my thoughts out to those affected, I've got a friend near okc and friends in the dfw area.

Tornadoes and earthquakes scare me. No warnings, no predictions, you can barely prepare. I have a buddy from Norman, OK and I hope that everything will turn out for his family and every other family affected. Another friend was in the Tuscaloosa (sorry Rick, Roll Tide) tornado last year and when she told me what happened I couldn't even comprehend. I wish everyone to recover stronger than before.

My boss has a good friend in Moore. She sent him some absolutely frightening photos of the destruction. Thankfully, she and her home were spared, but literally by a hair. On her side of the street, her house and the others were intact. One hundred feet away on the opposite side of the street, everything was reduced to rubble. It's a staggering representation of just how very destructive and localized these storms can be. I've been through a couple of significant earthquakes and one big hurricane, but I've never witnessed mass destruction like what I saw in those photos. It was just horrible.

We were apparently eating very close by to where the tornado hit, and had no idea. We thought it was just a really bad storm.

My thoughts are with everyone affected by the the horrible disaster. :(

Back