Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Positivity

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.

Positivity

I know a lot of us got disgruntled lately by some threads/posts. I think these kind of things suck, but are ultimately for the good of the forum. You've gotta have the yin to the yang to balance everything out. We can't always be shiny and happy, that's just not us, especially given a lot of our kitchen jobs. If we can't be ourselves here, where can we be?
    Chef Niloc man, I love this guy. He's one of the first people that reached out to me when I first joined the forum and posted. He's got so many awesome stories and advice. He's one of the guys that originally made this place what it is. I'm happy that he's back and am sorry if some people may be turned off right now, but that's Colin!
    He's had an unbelievably rough go for the past year, so just always remember that there's more than one side to each and every story. I, for one and proud to call him my friend.
    Cut a brother some slack. You never know, you very well could wind up in a worse situation.

I want to remind everyone of the good that KKF does.
    Whether it be knife knowledge(making, modding, sharpening, resto's, definitions), communing with THE best makers and vendors(and hobbyist/craftsmen) in the world, talking with other pro chefs or even Foodie MCHomeCook............
    .......I could go on and on and on and on.......
    ...Oh wait, giveaways!
    And donations.
    And Passarounds!

I am proud to call most of you my friends. Some of you I've never met in person, or PM'ed or talked to on the phone. But if you're here, and you're not a complete ass, I would tell people that you are "a friend of mine", not "this guy that's on the knife forum on the internet".
    This forum has been such a positive force in my life. It's made me better at my job.
    I've made online friends that have been better friends to me than the ones I've known since grade school.
    The wealth of information, generosity and support I've received cannot be cataloged or truly put onto words.
    So, thanks KKF.
    I'm not trying to start a big Love-fest where we all start making out with each other, I just wanted to tell those that think KKF is turning to ****, that' just not the case!

peace, chris
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

Well said Chris! I've been trying to stay out I those "threads" but have been thinking the same thing as you. This place I amazing, but everywhere has its fights and arguments. It not about how we hold grudges, but how we move on.

If I argue with family and freinds, and we all do, it's about how we grow from every situation.
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

Chris, Well said. I've been along time member too and also feel grateful to others that have given me advise over the years about knives and sharpening. Unfortunately posted electronc txt's can come across with unintended intentions. most of the time its all in good fun: like when i talk about Sous Vide BBQ. or when someone bring up a name that starts with Mark. LOL Makes me laugh. Especially when Dave M. get going. so funny.

Here here, good on ya bud, I agree. This is a community and with any kind if family, people will bicker but at the end of the day we can still get along. I like this place and I'm not going anywhere, unless everyone stops talking to me or our new baby (maybe be here tomorrow) makes me too broke to have sharp things :-)

Chris, I agree. It's not perfect, but it is what it is, and that's still the best hangout on the net.

Now, quit sending me photos of yourself in your unitard. Geez, you tell a guy that you really liked Pamela Anderson's bathing suit, back when she was on Baywatch, and suddenly your inbox is inundated with "knife questions", that are actually pictures of a dude in women's swimwear....
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

There have been a couple things that bugged me here and there on this forum, but it's been more than I could ever ask for. All of your expertise and advice is well appreciated, guys. I thank all of you.

Nice Post Chris Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by knyfeknerd View Post
    I know a lot of us got disgruntled lately by some threads/posts. I think these kind of things suck, but are ultimately for the good of the forum. You've gotta have the yin to the yang to balance everything out. We can't always be shiny and happy, that's just not us, especially given a lot of our kitchen jobs. If we can't be ourselves here, where can we be?
    Chef Niloc man, I love this guy. He's one of the first people that reached out to me when I first joined the forum and posted. He's got so many awesome stories and advice. He's one of the guys that originally made this place what it is. I'm happy that he's back and am sorry if some people may be turned off right now, but that's Colin!
    He's had an unbelievably rough go for the past year, so just always remember that there's more than one side to each and every story. I, for one and proud to call him my friend.
    Cut a brother some slack. You never know, you very well could wind up in a worse situation.

I want to remind everyone of the good that KKF does.
    Whether it be knife knowledge(making, modding, sharpening, resto's, definitions), communing with THE best makers and vendors(and hobbyist/craftsmen) in the world, talking with other pro chefs or even Foodie MCHomeCook............
    .......I could go on and on and on and on.......
    ...Oh wait, giveaways!
    And donations.
    And Passarounds!

I am proud to call most of you my friends. Some of you I've never met in person, or PM'ed or talked to on the phone. But if you're here, and you're not a complete ass, I would tell people that you are "a friend of mine", not "this guy that's on the knife forum on the internet".
    This forum has been such a positive force in my life. It's made me better at my job.
    I've made online friends that have been better friends to me than the ones I've known since grade school.
    The wealth of information, generosity and support I've received cannot be cataloged or truly put onto words.
    So, thanks KKF.
    I'm not trying to start a big Love-fest where we all start making out with each other, I just wanted to tell those that think KKF is turning to ****, that' just not the case!

peace, chris

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    Chris, I agree. It's not perfect, but it is what it is, and that's still the best hangout on the net.

Now, quit sending me photos of yourself in your unitard. Geez, you tell a guy that you really liked Pamela Anderson's bathing suit, back when she was on Baywatch, and suddenly your inbox is inundated with "knife questions", that are actually pictures of a dude in women's swimwear....
    All right Tim, I mean Tom..............
    ......I guess you've got enough saved up for the "spank bank".
    I'll send you some of my new Desperate Knifewives collection when it's complete. You're gonna love it!
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

Thanks Chris,

I'm from a very large family, my parents have 11 sons and 1 daughter. I was one of the oldest and am the biggest of the 11 boys. It never took long for words to turn into a knock down drag out. I did my share of pummeling, dang I miss those days. Growing up in a large family you learn to get mad and then get over it. I hope that this is the case here.

Love and respect

Hoss