Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Positivity

Thanks for this Chris! Was getting a little bummed at the acrimony lately...this is a nice reminder of what's excellent about KKF though. Thank you all for that.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

Thanks, Chris. Indeed there is so much that's good on KKF.

Quote Originally Posted by knyfeknerd View Post
    I'm not trying to start a big Love-fest where we all start making out with each other...
    Aw, and I was so looking forward to it.

Best regards to everyone,

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by DevinT View Post
    I'm from a very large family, my parents have 11 sons and 1 daughter. I was one of the oldest and am the biggest of the 11 boys. It never took long for words to turn into a knock down drag out. I did my share of pummeling, dang I miss those days.
    Nowadays kids just unfriend each other on facebook. Buncha namby pambies.

Oh, and Chris, +1
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough." —Mark Twain

LOL

Hoss

Senior Member AFKitchenknivesguy's Avatar
    If you let disagreements on the internet determine your happiness, you need to get out more. As long as no personal attacks are laid out, we are good.
    Jason

Thanks for putting this into perspective again, Chris. There may be some quibbles going on here and there, but overall this is a great and welcoming place, an internet community in the most positive sense I can think of. From my personal experience, there were times when the interactions here helped me feel better and made it easier to deal with the €#}% that was going on in other areas of my life. So, this sometimes goes way beyond just 'nerds talking about kitchen knives'. And after I had mentioned that I am going through a bit of a rough phase these days, I received supportive PMs, phone calls, and even financial support totally out of the blue, from people I never met in person. There also have been plenty of other examples of support that this group provided to others, members or not. For me it has become a part of my daily routine to check in here, and while I am still interested in knives, it often is more to see what my friends are up to. Let's hope that this sense of community continues through all the changes that naturally happen with such a place.

Stefan

I don't think any of that BS that we've been seeing lately does any good for any one. If it does it might be time to get the meds updated. Having said that there are a LOT of good people here. There comes a time when every one just needs to accept every one else for who they are, forget the past and move on. Even brothers need to beat the shite out of each other once in a while.
    Either way there's no one here I can think of that I wouldn't but a beer for and many I'm glad to call friends.

Foodie MCHomeCook. Can I get that put on my W&S apron?
    Dave
    Older and wider.

A voice of reason. Excellent!

personally, I really can't stand you guys. You all disgust must me especially, when Lefty sends me those picks of Chris in the Pam Anderson suit. I think I just vomited in my mouth.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.