Quantcast
Waiting is the hardest part...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Waiting is the hardest part...

Waiting is the hardest part...

This thread really has no purpose than to add some cheese with my whine. I have had two custom's on order now for about a year and I am just anxious to receive them. To all those who are on or have been on a waiting list I feel your pain. Hang in there, there is light at the end of the tunnel .

I must admit that the time invested in the actual craft of blade smithing is impressive. I have a better understanding of why these waiting lists tend to be so long. The minute a knife maker starts to rush and take short cuts, mistakes happen that can't always be corrected.

For example, this ugly knife that I've been working on has taken an estimated 13 hours of labor to get to the point of it being ready for heat treatment. There is still a ton of work left to do with this blank.

Twitter: @PeterDaEater

one time i had to wait 3 weeks for a knife i ordered from blue way. it was one of the worst experiences of my life! i couldnt imagine waiting a year for a knife.

Waiting is pretty bad but then I take some of the money for the custom and end up buying something else while I wait. Not a good idea I don't think

Quote Originally Posted by turbochef422 View Post
    Waiting is pretty bad but then I take some of the money for the custom and end up buying something else while I wait. Not a good idea I don't think
    I seem to do that every time I have to wait on a knife, as well.

I waited almost a year and a half for Mike d., a little less for Pierre and I've been waiting since Oct. for Eamon to make my g!@d!@m sayas and send me my knives back including the f@#k&*g prebuy utility knife. Not that I'm bitching or anything.lol Love ya guys! bastards!
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by sachem allison View Post
    I waited almost a year and a half for Mike d., a little less for Pierre and I've been waiting since Oct. for Eamon to make my g!@d!@m sayas and send me my knives back including the f@#k&*g prebuy utility knife. Not that I'm bitching or anything.lol Love ya guys! bastards!
    Son, I feel for you sir, I hope Eamon sends your knives back ASAP...

My problem is I always tell everyone to take their time because, I'm not in a hurry.lol It's like shooting yourself in the foot.lol
    I have to say though the Mike Davis, Don Nguyen, Tonu Arrak and SpikeC were definitely worth the wait. I don't know about Pierre's because I forgot to send him my addy until just a few days ago. I'm sure it will exceed my expectations also. These guys really are the s#!^.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

It's not that easy being in a position to owe people knives either. I would love to wave a magic wand and send them all knives. At this point I wish I could work a full day on a knife.

I apologize to all those that I owe.

Hoss

Quote Originally Posted by DevinT View Post
    It's not that easy being in a position to owe people knives either. I would love to wave a magic wand and send them all knives. At this point I wish I could work a full day on a knife.

I apologize to all those that I owe.

Hoss
    Devin,

My apologies if this post came off as a rant. From my very limited knife making experience I have gained an amazing appreciation as to what it takes to make a functional knife. Focus on getting healthy for your family!

Quote Originally Posted by sachem allison View Post
    you're not alone, Eamon have my DT ITK & Butch Harner + owe me two saya for almost 10 month now worst part is......totally no communication.Eamon, you can keep money & saya wood I sent you, just give back my knives!!
    Charles ***[All statements I made here only my personal opinion and nothing more!]*** & Please bare with me for my crappy English!!