Quantcast
Eamon Burke knives. - Page 10
Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Eamon Burke knives.

Quote Originally Posted by Zwiefel View Post
    Gentlepesons,

I was chatting with Tim Johnson (formerly known as Taz575) about this effort. He'd like to help and has offered to do all the sayas as a batch. He's got basswood on hand, enough to make them all, or we could ship materials to him. I wanted to present this to you all and see if you think it's as good an idea as I do. Tim does good work and would ensure they are all comparable to one another. He also has access to the paper micarta that was spec'd for the handles.

Thoughts?
    Tim did a handle for me on a Tojiro Western deba, and I am very pleased with the result. I've seen pictures of his sayas, and they appear to be very similar to those Eamon made. My vote is for Tim to handle sayas for any who opt for it.

Eamon's original thread said that he had all the saya materials, so maybe we'll be able to get the blades and the handle/saya materials from him.

Rick

I know iceman91 wanted leather...does anyone object to Taz doing the rest?
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

I was going to bring him some to rehandle if neccessary, at my expense. Tim's awesome and will definitely do the right thing. I think it's a great idea Rick and Zwiefel. He's done sayas, rehandles and a rehab or 2 for me . He doesn't waist time and his work is great. If we can't get the materials back from Eamon, I'd kick in some $$ on behalf of the forum guys who are out knives for Tim's work on saya's and handles. I own a Catchside petty, but I have nothing in on this other than a desire to help. Tim is a great option.

Quote Originally Posted by Zwiefel View Post
    I know iceman91 wanted leather...does anyone object to Taz doing the rest?
    Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    Just FYI, I would definitely take a leather saya/sheath over a wooden one, but either is fine really. And the wood block I sent was Koa from Burl Source.

k.
    Mr drinky I think does?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    Let's keep in mind KKF's Terms of Use here folks.

We do not allow the showing of, talking about, or offering of wares/services from non-hobbyists/vendors. Those authorized are to keep discussions of their products/services withon their appropriate sub-forums.

Thanks for your co-operation!
    Sorry Dave I thought that it would be ok as I'm not selling anything but offering for free. None the less sorry for "braking the law....braking the law....." Judas Priest Rocks!!!

I prefer leather but if they are all going to Tim anyways I'm perfectly happy with a wood saya. I'm not picky at all on this I just want to see my knife! Haha

Mike

That is amazing if Tim will do that, I don't know him but I trust your judgement. I have no wish to break the forum rules. I'm much appreciative of them for the larger part.
    It could get fairly complicated to see these take shape with out posting pictures, and not all helpers will be paid up Vendors or Hobby sales.

With Dave's permission I would suggest a system where people working on different projects share pictures to a folder of my photobucket. I can see who has done what and what stage everything is at. I can then post some of the pictures in the thread, with no names mentioned for who has done the work. It is just under general subcontract of me. So only I post pictures in the thread in the case of the few things we may need to see from non-vendors. I hope that would be acceptable, been a long day. Top work chaps. Here's hoping we don't get left hanging for too long.

Would it be possible for someone with the right access have a look for the List with 15 names and copy and paste it to this thread? I believe it would be in the Pre-buy thread on the Burke Cutlery archives.

I just saw this, haven't read any of it yet though. I've been in a rural town framing a house for a while, and thus have had no internet, and barely any phone service.

I am almost crosseyed with confusion as to why you are all being so helpful--of every overdue responsibility I have, nobody else has offered to help fix it.

I wanted to say that one thing I'll be doing is having a huge sale of the stuff I am not using anymore, and use the money to make some headway/amends on this long overdue order. Ok, I'll go read 10 pages now.

Quote Originally Posted by WillC View Post
    Would it be possible for someone with the right access have a look for the List with 15 names and copy and paste it to this thread? I believe it would be in the Pre-buy thread on the Burke Cutlery archives.

That's gone forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon Burke View Post
    I just saw this, haven't read any of it yet though. I've been in a rural town framing a house for a while, and thus have had no internet, and barely any phone service.

I am almost crosseyed with confusion as to why you are all being so helpful--of every overdue responsibility I have, nobody else has offered to help fix it.

I wanted to say that one thing I'll be doing is having a huge sale of the stuff I am not using anymore, and use the money to make some headway/amends on this long overdue order. Ok, I'll go read 10 pages now.

Eamon, you're going to also want to read this and this too.

does anyone know an approximate date that Eamon's subforum was deleted? I might be able to find copies on archive.org.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.