Quantcast
Eamon Burke knives. - Page 14
Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Eamon Burke knives.

you say the word and Heath will jump in, I just talked to him and he is game.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

I've been pretty out of touch with the forum lately, and I sincerely apologize for that.

I have been in touch with Johhnychance outside of the forums a little more regularly, as of the last few months, and he brought this to my attention this evening, knowing that I'd paid in to the initial project(which was intended to be startup for a line of knives- sound familiar?) I'd like to say thank you for everyone who has offers their time, skills, and resources. It's greatly appreciated by myself as well as others on this forum. That being said...

At this point- I'd just be happy to get the knife that Will signed off on, and send it to Mike Henry(at my own expense) to modify for a wa handle. The finished edge is of less of a concern to me. I'd prefer if it was mailed direct from Eamon(due to my initial investment), but if it comes down to an individual taking on the responsibility of taking charge of said knives, please PM me and I will be glad to send you shipping costs, as well as a promise- that if you ever make it to Maine, you will not leave unstuffed with the meaty goodnesses.

Once again- I apologize for being absent lately. This a great forum populated by genuine individuals, as witnessed by the above thread.

Cheers,

- Josh
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

A quick word before I'm off to work.
    Eamon i did not mean to poo poo your efforts there to find a way to get everything posted. I understand you are trying to find a way to make it happen. But I could see it getting complicated.
    I think we should take the simplest solution to the problem and it would be the biggest relief to everyone.
    Zweifel has volunteered to pick the whole lot up in his Rv, is that this weekend? I realize with postage and everything else that comes later that is a huge responsibility which makes me hesitant to let one person take that burden, however it is the most direct solution. I would suggest from there we ship it in a few large parcels to a few people who will be doing works, this will also spread the shipping responsibilities.

Eamon you can help us hugely by facilitating the hand over and donating the extra belts and wood blocks and things to be sold for the postage Kitty. Also help us get the full list of names together. There are 15 blades and should be 15 names?

We need someone willing to be bank for the sale of extra things later to help cover posting things on, with a paypal account. I realize that will only go so far, we may have to have a whip around to cover postage etc later. So no one person is down more than anyone else.

I hope what i'm suggesting seems practical, if not please chime in.

Thanks all for your massive help in sharing the burden and Dave for Moderating. Its all hugely appreciated.

Off to work now.

Happy to chip in to the shipping kitty

Quote Originally Posted by TB_London View Post
    Happy to chip in to the shipping kitty
    Another option could be for folks (like brainsausage and me) who just want their knives and whatever raw handle materials there are (wood, pins, liners) would be to send pre-paid shipping labels directly to whoever it is who picks the knives up from Eamon. That way all they'd have to do is print it out and slap it on a box.
    "I gotta tell ya, this is pretty terrific. Ha hahaha, YEAH!" - Moe (w/ 2 knives). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVt4U...layer_embedded

Count me in for some shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    Eamon, you're going to also want to read this and this too.
    I will take CClin knife. I have several Chalie's knife on hand, so will get them in one batch.

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by WillC View Post
    Zweifel has volunteered to pick the whole lot up in his Rv, is that this weekend? I realize with postage and everything else that comes later that is a huge responsibility which makes me hesitant to let one person take that burden, however it is the most direct solution. I would suggest from there we ship it in a few large parcels to a few people who will be doing works, this will also spread the shipping responsibilities.
    I made arrangements with Eamon last night to pick everything up this weekend. I'll do my best to get as much info as possible from Eamon as to what belongs to whom, and catalogue the whole lot. once done with that, we should have the info we need to figure out how to distribute the lot against the current list of volunteers and assesss what shipping will cost.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by sachem allison View Post
    you say the word and Heath will jump in, I just talked to him and he is game.
    Son/all, I'm very happy to do it...I just didn't want to assume you all would be happy with me doing it.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

Z, thanks for doing this. I'm happy and relieved that you are doing this. sw2geeks is in that area and might be able to help. I contacted him, he is still trying to figure out what is going on. Eamon does have a knife of his also.

Hoss