Quantcast
Eamon Burke knives. - Page 20
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 49 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Eamon Burke knives.

I'm more than a tad distressed to see that my name is not one of the highlighted. Not sure I like the implications of this. I was worried when I first noticed that there was more than 15 names on the list for the utilities. I hate to say it, but were more blades promised/paid for than were actually available?
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

Quote Originally Posted by Zwiefel View Post
    Son, I'm not familiar with many of these materials: which are the ironwood blocks?

This seemed to be what Eamon was saying...on both counts...I didn't take a spine shot, but it's now crazy thin for about 3/4 of the length.
    it always was, one of the thinnest Sabatiers I have ever seen. The ironwood blocks are the four dark heavy blocks in the middle pic, top row between the cocobolo boards and the belts. I'll take both of chef's Sabatiers then. Any of you makers interested in trying to make Sayas for Sabatiers? lol
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

Please....Thank you(s)...and good night!

OK, getting super tired....really am going to bed soon. Wanted to drop one more note first though. I'm happy to do all of this organizational/leg work...but I think it's best if someone other than me makes the decisions on any conflicts for the materials. I've not been around here very long, plus I want to avoid any possibility of even the appearance of a conflict of interest.

Seems like we have a few options for how to deal with this: executive decision by an appointed party, or some kind of committee/poll.

I hope this makes sense.

oh, I did my best to cross-post the pics from flickr to the spreadsheet for the things I can identify...please let me know of any mismatches, or any items I pictured but didn't inventory--in those cases I just don't know what the stuff is.

one last thing. a HUGE thanks to TKern and Mrmnms. TKern funded my gasoline bill to Dallas and back at my estimated cost....Mrmnms covered the gap created by my significant underestimate. A huge thanks to Son for the first fully carbon knife in my kitchen...and a huge thanks to Don Nguyen for offering to refinish/repolish it. It's one thing to witness the generosity of this group, it's another to be a recipient of it. I'm not much of a joiner...kind of a loner nerdy guy...thanks to you all for creating a place that makes me hit "New Posts" about 10,000X daily.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

The Handle for my utility knife prebuy was supposed to be made with an ironwood handle and cocobolo saya. I see that the dark handle that is glued up maybe ironwood but, I can't tell. It may also be Walnut which is what the originals were going to be made with.

Quote Originally Posted by brainsausage View Post
    I'm more than a tad distressed to see that my name is not one of the highlighted. Not sure I like the implications of this. I was worried when I first noticed that there was more than 15 names on the list for the utilities. I hate to say it, but were more blades promised/paid for than were actually available?

Wow, this just keeps on getting worse, I certainly hope this is not the case.

Kalaeb, hey...looking like I will probably be in Vegas again the week of Jun 3rd...if you happen to be there, would be cool to meet up.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

apparently 21 blades were sold. we haven't gotten clarification on this yet but, if your name wasn't on either of the list then it's 22

I have PayPal records showing that I made a payment to Burke Cutlery for $250 on 8/18/12. Unfortunately I didn't save any of our PM's from that same time period. I only have the email that he sent earlier in the day on 8/18/12, notifying those who signed up, that he was sending invoices for the knives, and discussed tacking on costs for wood options later.

This just got a lot more complicated
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

I have PayPal records showing that I made a payment to Burke Cutlery for $250 on 8/18/12. Unfortunately I didn't save any of our PM's from that same time period. I only have the email that he sent earlier in the day on 8/18/12, notifying those who signed up, that he was sending invoices for the knives, and discussed tacking on costs for wood options later.

This just got a lot more complicated
    you should see if you can file a claim with Paypal for not recieving your item.

I already see a mistake on the list, one space is marked Burke Cutlery, He is not owed anything so, he should be removed from the list. I think he kept the prototype anyway.

+ Reply to Thread