Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Eamon Burke knives.

It's becoming clear that there are 22 members who paid Eamon for a knife, but only 15 blanks. I hold no hope that Eamon will be much help with this dilemma, nor do I think that PayPal will be able to help at all, as the deadline for starting a dispute is long passed. Best just to deal with what is, at this moment.

I propose that those of us who still want a knife put $100 each into a common pool that would be divided among those who are left out. $1500 divided seven ways is ~$215 each, not quite what was paid, but better than nothing at all. A lottery could be held to determine the lucky 15, unless there are seven volunteers to forgo their place.

Anyone have another idea?

Rick

What a mess...

I will donate a blade toward the raffle, though there will be no customization. 170-180mm petty chef that is (my go to knife size these days) in AEB-L or 52100 or 19C27. Completion wise it will take me probably up to 6 weeks, as I need to get my paid up custom orders and unfinished ready-made orders straight first.

Anyway, one way or another, we will sort this out. Maybe other makers will step up with a similar gesture.

Eamon, if you read this, you are off the hook, but please return the remaining knives you owe folks. This would be a good start in your rehabilitation in the eyes of the community.

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Just to confirm for myself, I checked my Paypal account and I did send Eamon $250 on August 21, 2012. This is obviously a mess and I have no better idea than Pensacola Tiger's. Even if I get no knife, I would like my block of koa back. It is a nice one.
    For anyone just checking out this thread, I have knives from several of the vendors on this site and I have bought from the Buy/Sell forum on this site and all of those transactions went off without a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by sachem allison View Post
    it always was, one of the thinnest Sabatiers I have ever seen. The ironwood blocks are the four dark heavy blocks in the middle pic, top row between the cocobolo boards and the belts. I'll take both of chef's Sabatiers then. Any of you makers interested in trying to make Sayas for Sabatiers? lol
    I added the blocks of ironwood to the inventory with your name on them, please take a look and ensure I got the right stuff.

There is only 1 sabatier...that other knife is....well I don't know, it seems like more like it belongs on a battlefield. If it's yours, I'm happy to ship it to you though.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    The gigantor knife is definitely Son's!
    And I wouldn't be surprised if that thing had killed a person or 2 in it's existence.
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

Quote Originally Posted by Choll View Post
    Even if I get no knife, I would like my block of koa back. It is a nice one.
    Absolutely, it's already segregated from the rest of the stuff in a bag with your name on it. I suggest we hold off on shipping anything until we know what's happening with the rest of the stuff, this should save some money on shipping.Does that seem sensible?

Yes, that is the most sensible thing to do. Thanks to Marko, it sounds like I still have a chance at getting a knife. That is a most kind and generous offer Marko!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zwiefel View Post
    Absolutely, it's already segregated from the rest of the stuff in a bag with your name on it. I suggest we hold off on shipping anything until we know what's happening with the rest of the stuff, this should save some money on shipping.

Does that seem sensible?
    Absolutely. At this point in time we have no clear idea of how to proceed.

I would suggest that the 22 people who have paid for a knife post in this thread about what they would like to do.

Son and Paco.McGraw have said that they no longer want a knife. Choll has said he want his. Nineteen left.

Z, perhaps another column in the spreadsheet?

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Pensacola Tiger View Post
    Son and Paco.McGraw have said that they no longer want a knife. Choll has said he want his. Nineteen left.

Z, perhaps another column in the spreadsheet?

Rick
    I colored their names in red, the rest of the row in gray (to indicate no more work is needed on them) and made a comment in the comment column. Is that OK?

Quote Originally Posted by Zwiefel View Post
    I colored their names in red, the rest of the row in gray (to indicate no more work is needed on them) and made a comment in the comment column. Is that OK?
    Works for me. Thanks!