Quantcast
Eamon Burke knives. - Page 26
Page 26 of 49 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Eamon Burke knives.

PMs have gone out to 21 of the 22. Pabloz is not allowed to receive private messages. I will try to email him.

I remember now (I think) why I'm on the list. Not the utility.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    Take another off the list. I can't recall what I had ordered from Eamon, but I don't believe it was one of these. I'll go back in my Paypal archives and check. I know I was very tempted to order one, so maybe one day I did. You know what, regardless, mine is up for grabs, if I'm in line for one.

Thanks, guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    I remember now (I think) why I'm on the list. Not the utility.
    Thanks Lefty! Updated spreadsheet. Down to 18.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

I paid Eamon for a base cost of $190 for the knife, and was going to pay him for the material costs when he got around to making the handles/sayas. I feel like Mr. Drinky at this point where this whole exchange has left a sour taste. I have plenty knives myself and was just going to keep this around the kitchen for cooks to beat up on, so I will relinquish my position on the list (even though I'm not on it). I'm glad so much good is being done in this thread because it is probably the only thing from keeping me feeling very taken and jaded by this event. Thanks everyone for contributing to this cause of helping out somebody who probably doesn't deserve it, just goes to show how great the people on this forum really are. It looks like people will get something out of this after all. Now excuse me while I go sand off my Burke Cutlery stamp on my saya.

I just saw this and will do what ever i can to help out! Just let me know what i can do folks.

Okay to reiterate my Burke utility goes to BrainSausage, The Sabatier is mine, The large massive chef knife is also mine. The Don Nguyen is now Zwiefel's and the ironwood blocks and cocobolo saya wood is for those members who would like to use it on their sayas and knives. If someone is short a knife when this is all said and done I have a beautiful Delbert Ealy 150mm petty in AEB-L with birdseye maple and redwood burl handle and saya (I can sand off the Burke Cutlery stamp if you want) the saya is painted distressed blue, that I would be willing to donate in like new condition. It's badass.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

Please take me off of the list.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Boy, what a mess. Very sorry for all involved. I just happen to have a new Catchside utility line 210 gyuto (in O-1 with a blackwood and bubinga handle) that I would be happy to donate to compensate someone. Let me know what you need me to do.
    Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries. Now go away you silly man or I shall taunt you a second time!

Quote Originally Posted by ejd53 View Post
    Boy, what a mess. Very sorry for all involved. I just happen to have a new Catchside utility line 210 gyuto (in O-1 with a blackwood and bubinga handle) that I would be happy to donate to compensate someone. Let me know what you need me to do.
    you've done enough.lol
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by cookinstuff View Post
    ... Thanks everyone for contributing to this cause of helping out somebody who probably doesn't deserve it, just goes to show how great the people on this forum really are. It looks like people will get something out of this after all. Now excuse me while I go sand off my Burke Cutlery stamp on my saya.
    I will paraphrase you and say that it's great that community yet again came together to help folks who deserve it - people who paid for goods but not received them. Let's keep this as an emphasis and work toward resolving this issue.

We are not helping Eamon, he is off the hook (without responsibilities), but those of you who took part in this venture and got burned.

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com