Quantcast
Eamon Burke knives. - Page 30
+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 49 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Eamon Burke knives.

Quote Originally Posted by WildBoar View Post
    yep, northern Virginia.
    Sorry for being offtopic, but I'm from Northern Virginia as well. I didn't realize anyone else here was from here.

Now to stay on topic, all of the work everyone is doing for this is purely amazing. You guys are great.

I did not order a knife from Eamon. My name should not be on the list. My comment only reflected my disbelief in the whole situation.

Wow, took a while to catch up on this thread. For the record, my history shows the Paypal payment of $250 on 8/21/12.

I would prefer to still get a knife, but am fine with whatever shakes out. Whether it is a raffle for them, paying extra to compensate those who did not get one, etc. If I end up with nothing....oh well.

I will have to go back through the post to find who was collecting for shipping and PM for details.

Matt

I think if we get back to the point where there are 15 blades they should go back to the original 15 people on the list . whatever donated knives can be put towards shipping and whatever other expenses.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

I just came back from some time off and found this thread, I ordered and paid for one of the utilities for $250, on August 22, 2012. I gotta wake up in a few hours so I power read thru the pages but the things seem quite fuzzy to me towards the end. Would/could someone summarize where this project is at the moment for someone like me who just jumped in to this massive thread? Is there any chance of receiving the knife I had ordered at all? Thank you all in advance..

Also if this helps at all, I remember being the last one of the extra 5s(the 15th?), as I jumped on the opportunity of someone backing out last minute, paid Eamon, then he closed the list.
    I have a screenshot of my order confirmation also if someone needs the information. Thank you.

Thanks for the information Edredlee, we will add you to the list as you are not currently on there. I remember you jumping in there. Please bear with us, as you can see we have performed an intervention on a bankrupt party here.

The List - I would like to clean it up if possible, so we have 15 numbers and 15 names. Or 16 now as the case may be, Each person on the list clarify with Zweifel if you had a special wood for the handle and what it was, I think we have most of that, or standard handle.

A couple of people wish to have their blades sent directly to them for handling themselves - this needs to be an option on there and it reduces the load.

Worker list, I will give this some thought and attention for a realistic plan of attack.
    Bill Burke and John Thomas have offered to do the whole process on some knives,
    John 3
    Bill 1

There may be a couple of others who will prefer to do this than do a part process. This is good as it reduces the main bulk of knives, so if possible we can do the remaining bulk in one chain of processes.

What remains I would suggest would be most efficient to break it down into

Make handles - It would be easier if one person made all the handles if possible, one blade can be sent to them to work off, they are all the same and can ultimately be burned in for a tight fit.

Making Saya- We have a very kind offer to do this, again one knife will be sent as example.

Blade finishing - they are currently rough hand rubbed to 180 grit, Eamons promise was to flat them and stone finish them.

Assembly and final finish - Final rub down of the handle, burn tang in as necessary- and epoxy in place, clean up.

Honing - This could be in with final finish but it will depend on who is happy doing what. Obviously honing has to be the final final step before packing up and sending off.

I can give detailed instruction where required.

Thats a bit general, but just letting you know my thoughts on the direction this could go in. I can see shipping is going to get complicated but we need to get it done somehow. Thanks All
    Will

I remember the list being closed after 15 as well, which is why I was very confused when we thought there were over sales, it was all done publicly at the time. Eamons list was clearly not a list specifically for the utility.

One thing I really do not understand is how it is not possible for someone with mod access to copy the original thread so we can clearly see the 10 who signed up and the 5 extras that were allowed on top of that.
    The thread does exist does it not in some kind of archive?

Quote Originally Posted by WillC View Post
    I remember the list being closed after 15 as well, which is why I was very confused when we thought there were over sales, it was all done publicly at the time. Eamons list was clearly not a list specifically for the utility.

One thing I really do not understand is how it is not possible for someone with mod access to copy the original thread so we can clearly see the 10 who signed up and the 5 extras that were allowed on top of that.
    The thread does exist does it not in some kind of archive?
    Will,

I will clean up the list and post a summary here in this thread later today.

I think that Dave Martell has mentioned that the original thread was deleted instead of archived.

Rick

This is a summary of the latest status of the utility knives, based on replies to my private messages to members and posts on this thread. Please let me or Zwiefel know if any of the information is incorrect, or if you paid for a knife, but your name is not on the list, let us know ASAP. Thanks.

The following members will get a knife:

Justin0505 - Would like a blade and materials to finish the handle.
    Paco.McGraw
    Choll - Has provided stabilized koa for handle.
    WildBoar
    pitonboy
    brainsausage
    mc2442
    Iceman91 - Would prefer leather sheath, if possible.
    Pensacola Tiger - Has provided ironwood for handle.
    edredlee
    Cookinstuff

The following members have said that they no longer want their knife, and have “donated” it to help provide funds for “reparations”:

markk
    sachem allison
    mr drinky - Provided wood for handle that needs to be returned.
    SpikeC
    PabloZ

+ Reply to Thread