Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 497

Thread: Eamon Burke knives.

  1. #341
    WillC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    herefordshire uk
    Posts
    1,616
    Thank you lowercase Bill, you will be added to the list.


    Quote Originally Posted by lowercasebill View Post
    I can finish and or hone. I can hand rub with wet dry to what every grit/finish is needed.. all the way to crocus paper... diamond spray on champagne cork and I have the pads from lee valley that go to 12000? I have other 'stuff' too. be a good excuse to buy that .25 micron diamond powder or I can purchase and ship finishing supplies to whomever
    lcb

  2. #342
    WillC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    herefordshire uk
    Posts
    1,616
    Iceman- leather - Standard
    Wildboar - Standard - Standard
    Justin - (Send blade and materials direct)
    Pensacola T - Ironwood? - Ironwood
    Choll - Standard? - Koa
    Mc2442 - Standard - Walnut burl
    Brainsausage - Standard - Standard
    Pitonboy - (Send blade materials direct)
    PacoMcgraw - Standard - Standard
    Cookinstuff - Standard - Standard
    Edredlee - Standard - Standard


    So 11 here minus 2 which will have their knives direct, have I missed any which are having the blades handled or doing it themselves?

    Leaves 9, hopefully we can do them all with whole process makers....just to remind you what I mean


    Whole process

    Flat blade on diamond stones and give a stone finish to the bevels.
    Make handle as specified with materials allocated.
    Fix handle to blade
    Final finish
    Honing
    Send to customer with money from postage kitty.

    It will save allot of time and postage if we can do it this way. We can use the work chain method if we have to, and thanks for all the offers. But if we can do it like this it will be straight forward- ish

    Whole process

    John Thomas 3
    Bill burke 1
    Don Nguyen 1
    Mike Davis 2

    So thats 7 covered so far. Im sure I can rustle up some more via pm when I find the time...

  3. #343
    WillC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    herefordshire uk
    Posts
    1,616
    Actually, I will do two blades, I can wip it on here, which can help everyone else's end up most similar. And if we are sending two and materials to me, we may as well send two for T.B and I will send them on to him, if thats cool with you T.B?
    I'll straighten some stuff out via pm and send shipping instructions.

    Whole process

    John Thomas 3
    Bill burke 1
    Don Nguyen 1
    Mike Davis 2
    Will Catcheside 2
    T.B.London 2

    So 11/15 blades covered with whole process makers. Getting there

  4. #344
    Send me some, or the remainder. Between myself, Tim and Marko we can do complete packages.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

  5. #345
    WillC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    herefordshire uk
    Posts
    1,616
    Brilliant I reccon we have them all covered then, we will get to the business of getting addresses to Zweifel and making sure the postage Kitty is enough. Many thanks all, your amazing

  6. #346

    Zwiefel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Little Rock, AR
    Posts
    2,478
    Quote Originally Posted by WillC View Post
    Brilliant I reccon we have them all covered then, we will get to the business of getting addresses to Zweifel and making sure the postage Kitty is enough. Many thanks all, your amazing
    Awesome! And yes...brilliant lot of folks we have here. I'm still working on a micrometer to take measurements for the sayas. I'll try to make that happen today.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

  7. #347
    Quote Originally Posted by Zwiefel View Post
    Awesome! And yes...brilliant lot of folks we have here. I'm still working on a micrometer to take measurements for the sayas. I'll try to make that happen today.
    If I get some blades and Tim is making the remainder of the sayas, you don't have to worry about measurements. He lives less than half an hour from me.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

  8. #348
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cardiff, UK
    Posts
    815
    Quote Originally Posted by WillC View Post
    Actually, I will do two blades, I can wip it on here, which can help everyone else's end up most similar. And if we are sending two and materials to me, we may as well send two for T.B and I will send them on to him, if thats cool with you T.B?
    I'll straighten some stuff out via pm and send shipping instructions.

    Whole process

    John Thomas 3
    Bill burke 1
    Don Nguyen 1
    Mike Davis 2
    Will Catcheside 2
    T.B.London 2

    So 11/15 blades covered with whole process makers. Getting there
    Awesome, i don't mind doing a couple more if it'll help out. I sent Z some kitty money for postage which should just about cover getting the blanks to the UK.

  9. #349

    Zwiefel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Little Rock, AR
    Posts
    2,478
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    If I get some blades and Tim is making the remainder of the sayas, you don't have to worry about measurements. He lives less than half an hour from me.
    Will suggested I send Tim the longest blade, and the measurement of the thickest one to make sure the Sayas will work for all the knives.

    Speaking of, that would be thickness over the heel, correct?
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

  10. #350
    Quote Originally Posted by Zwiefel View Post
    Will suggested I send Tim the longest blade, and the measurement of the thickest one to make sure the Sayas will work for all the knives.

    Speaking of, that would be thickness over the heel, correct?
    The saya will extend all the way to the handle, so measure the tang about 2cm back from the heel.



    Or just send us the longest one and the thickest one.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •