Quantcast
Eamon Burke knives. - Page 48
Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3846474849 LastLast

Thread: Eamon Burke knives.

what are those santokus?

Read the thread if you have time, they are not available or anything, a number of makers have joined together to bail out Eamon Burke who flaked out on a load of work, we are making sure it gets finished and to the customers. I made the blades originally, but was never even paid for them.
    Members here, <(prodded by Devin) Pulled together an outstanding effort, of convincing Eamon to give over all the work he seemed to have locked in his shed, not just these, all sorts of knives he had for re-handle and Saya stuff. Then pulling together a Kitty and getting the work done. Well I took a while, but hey.
    And well done all I say,
    Am I the last to finish, Do other helpers have blades still? or are we nearly all done?

Cheers
    Will

Oh wow cool story

Awesome collab GUYS!

Just to bring this post with the pics forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by WillC View Post
    Who's next then?
    One will suit a smaller hand, one a larger hand.....

The geometry on these is so good after the stone finishing they will cut air with out disturbing it I should really do a u tube video demonstrating this dressed as a Ninja.
    I will PM Zweifel to bring up the list, and list of who has what.

So on the list
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...oOWFrUlE#gid=0

We have unassigned people five names, Let take the first two Choll and Paco Mcgraw? For these two blades finished.
    I will try and PM them, and failing that work down the list.

Pitonboy has been sent a blade out?

And as far as getting work done, we still have Bill Burkes and Don's not yet completed.

PM's sent to Paco Mcgraw and Choll....

These really are great knives Will. I'm sorry you got effed over these. If the original intent had remained true, these would have been truly excellent production knives.
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

All forgotten,

They really are a great knife, Eamon got the design concept spot on. Easy to use and maintain thinning as you go. These are just dying to cut stuff. I have done the handles on these as originally intended, they feel nice.

Thanks for your comment.

Will

I always thought this was really cool how so many good people on here volunteered to help out.

Were all the costs covered? I'd still be happy to chip in to be a part of the good karma. Or, if there is anything out there unclaimed, I'd be interested to contribute for that as well.