Quantcast
Eamon Burke knives. - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Eamon Burke knives.

Quote Originally Posted by Zwiefel View Post
    I see, I changed it to "Volunteer to complete work," that should help with the ambiguity.
    Good point RE other products...I added myself for a different item from Eamon.

Done.

Looks good. Do you mind posting Google Docs spreadsheet in Off Topic subforum? Devin started a thread there on the same subject. This way, we won't miss anybody who is owed work.

M

An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field.
    -Niels Bohr

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by sachem allison View Post
    He owes me one of the utility knives and I'll worry about the other stuff later, if he is willing to send the saya and handle wood out there is plenty of the cocobolo and straight grained ironwood available for all the sayas and handles. That will be my donation, I have no tools here.
    Thank you gentleman for the help and understanding.
    Son, you bet, and since I have your attention here, I will bring your Wilson with me to ECG. You probably missed it terribly.

I am going to give another thought once the scope of work is established and JohnyChance is to help, on making sayas in other woods than poplar. One way or another, you guys will be happy with the work, and we all move past this.

M

An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field.
    -Niels Bohr

Hidden tang? I might be out on handle making for this one. I don't want my first attempts to be at others expense. I could offer finish sharpening or something perhaps?
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

Quote Originally Posted by sachem allison View Post
    He owes me one of the utility knives and I'll worry about the other stuff later, if he is willing to send the saya and handle wood out there is plenty of the cocobolo and straight grained ironwood available for all the sayas and handles. That will be my donation, I have no tools here.
    Thank you gentleman for the help and understanding.
    Son, saya included? You are donating wood for Sayas + Handles from materials you already sent to Eamon?

Iceman91/Mr. Drinky/WildBoar: did you guys all order sayas as well?
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

You're a stand-up guy Mr. WillC.

IIRC, the metal work is 90%+ done an all that needs to be done is handle work and final finishing correct?

I can't edit the sheet; looks like view only.

I am also owed a knife.

However, I would be happy to take it without a finished handle. If Eamon already purchased materials (wood, pins, liners) then I would like those; they just don't need to be finished / attached to the knife.
    I've done a bit of wood and metal work and I'd like to try my hand at handle making and this seems like a great excuse. I'm an urban apt dweller so I don't have my own shop, but I just found a community pay-per-month place. As this is my first go at this, I don't feel comfortable doing much of the handle work, but I am an accomplished sharpener so I'd be very happy to do the finish sharpening for anyone that would like it.
    "I gotta tell ya, this is pretty terrific. Ha hahaha, YEAH!" - Moe (w/ 2 knives). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVt4U...layer_embedded

Could somebody post a link to the original post, please? I am not sure what these knives look like. But if my limited skill set of making a few wa handles for this is of help, I'd be happy to do that. Unless those need to be coordinated with sayas, I have plenty of wood here for that.

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by ThEoRy View Post
    Hidden tang? I might be out on handle making for this one. I don't want my first attempts to be at others expense. I could offer finish sharpening or something perhaps?
    I think that's where John Thomas will step in.

Guys, those of you who owed work and knives, please fill the spreadsheet (link in this thread) so we can establish a scope of work. If a matching sent was ordered, please state in what wood.

M

-Niels Bohr

15 Blades were sent out, they are with Eamon.

Regarding getting the blades, I have e-mailed and Facebooked Eamon, so hopefully he will come on board, maybe help where he can, or at least facilitate a hand over.

I have put this in my forum, largely so we can have pictures of things coming along. It will be required apart from anything else to get them looking in the same vein.
    I cant really take on board everything else that is owed out from Eamon in this thread it will get too messy. I know he has peoples knives and all sorts. This needs to be a separate thread on a general forum. I would suggest that we try and take this little step first to get the ball rolling with Eamon. Hopefully he can accept our help and it will be a weight off his mind, to be able to pass the stuff on.

Iceman91
    Mr Drinky
    Wild Boar
    Pensacola Tiger
    Zweifel

Helpers

Kalaeb
    SpikeC
    Theory
    Marko
    Johnny C
    Mrmms
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Justin0505 View Post
    I can't edit the sheet; looks like view only.

I am also owed a knife.
    Justin/Anybody,

If you want to edit the sheet, send me your gmail address and I'll add you with edit permissions...would prefer to not open it up to the general public though.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

Son, saya included? You are donating wood for Sayas + Handles from materials you already sent to Eamon?

Iceman91/Mr. Drinky/WildBoar: did you guys all order sayas as well?
    I can't remember if I ordered a saya, but I will take mine without one. Just knife for me.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

+ Reply to Thread