Quantcast
Eamon Burke knives. - Page 6
Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Eamon Burke knives.

Your a megastar.

can anyone even get a response out of him to ship the knives? seems like some have flat asked the knives to be super sans handle and have still gotten nowhere

I would give it a bit of time, the threads have only just gone up.

Those handles will be a snap to make.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

To summarize
    List

Iceman91
    Mr Drinky
    Wild Boar
    Pensacola Tiger
    Zweifel
    Sachem Allison
    Choll
    Justin

Helpers

Knyfeknerd - honing?
    Kalaeb - Handling
    SpikeC - Handling or finish
    Theory - Finish or honing
    Marko - Saya
    Johnny C - Saya
    Mrmms - Finish
    John Thomas - Handles/Finish
    Justin - Honing
    Edipisreks - Finish

Many hands make light work. we don't want anyone doing 15 of anything. 5 at the most, so we can work out how to spread the work and balance it against postal costs as we go.
    Thanks to all those who have offered materials and postage costs. If all the materials are not accounted for we will have an appeal as required. The materials Eamon has would be best as they are the right widths.
    As for postage costs, we may need to have a postage kitty or something to make all this possible to pass on little batches of knives for different processes.
    Cheers
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Zwiefel View Post
    Son, saya included? You are donating wood for Sayas + Handles from materials you already sent to Eamon?

Iceman91/Mr. Drinky/WildBoar: did you guys all order sayas as well?
    all of the Will utility knives were supposed to have sayas and handles. I traded Eamon enough wood to make 30 or more sayas out of cocobolo in exchange for him making sayas for my personal knives. Whatever he didn't use for my stuff he could keep and make high end sayas to sell for himself. I also sent him ironwood blanks for handles,not many. Yes, I am donating that material if he sends the blades he is going to have to send all the other stuff that goes with it.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

I'm likely to be going through Dallas soonish (next week or two), so I could pick up the materials and handle getting them shipped out.

was on my list to visit Eamon anyway.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

Yeah the handles are hidden tang w a liner like Carter.

I believe the old threads from ex vendors are deleted and not archived. So the rest of the thread may not be available.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Your very kind Son, hopefully it wont be required as all the materials for these should be with Eamon, but we will see...... I hope you will be able to get your extra materials back.
    Speaking of collection. Do we have anyone is Eamon's area who can call around and collect blades, materials etc?

With the pictures and details, we have enough to go off. I know the specs and construction pretty well to advise from there.
    The handles should be a nice straight forward construction. All my tangs are the same size. Just under 3mm, with a very slight taper. So in theory all handles can be made the same, with a 3mm spacer with the slot cut....sides epoxied on.... Handle shaped, polished, Will probably need burning in a bit to shift any beads of epoxy, then fixed on the knives. We will tackle it as we go. I can make drawings with dimensions to work to so we are all on the same page.