Quantcast
Eamon Burke knives. - Page 3
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Eamon Burke knives.

Quote Originally Posted by WillC View Post
    Thats brilliant, how you do that is beyond me, but its brilliant thanks, saves me a whole load of reading though writing things down.
    Happy I can finally provide some value to the forum for a change!

Will, if you PM me your GMail ID, I can add you as an editor, so you can make changes if I'm not available.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Zwiefel View Post
    All: Started a spreadsheet to capture folks owed products, and those volunteering to help out. If you can think of additional stuff we need to track, let me know, happy to add it to the spreadsheet.

Here's the link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...lE&usp=sharing

Were all of these knives supposed to come with Sayas? If not, please let me know whether yours was supposed to come with one and I'll note that on the list.

I would take the column "To Be Completed By" out, as it is irrelevant, and add collums for Saya and whether saya material was sent in.

I can provide poplar for saya material if needed. The replacement sayas will have to be in poplar, as these will be carved, not 3-piece construction, so material has to be workable with relative efficiency as this is pro-bono work.

Those folks who do 3-piece construction, could work on other woods (highly figured maple, etc).

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

There are 15 blades all together, so 15 handles and saya, (I had forgotten they were included) The handles were going to be a hidden tang type, similar to the Carter way. I believe Eamon had got all the materials and spacer materials in stock.

Names so far, I can think of more...but would like to hear every ones say.

Iceman91
    Mr Drinky
    Wild Boar
    Pensacola Tiger

Helpers

Kalaeb
    SpikeC
    Theory
    Marko
    Johnny C
    Mrmms

As things go we can split into groups of Blade finishing/honing handle making and Saya. 15 blades is allot of work for any even small task, so we will aim to do batches of 5 if there are enough people to help. I don't know if this is practical or not yet, will have to work it out as we go. All input and suggestion great fully received.

This was Hoss's idea, so if it all goes wrong,,,,,I can blame him

We should keep this stateside if possible otherwise postage is going to get silly.

Thanks, you lot are amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    I would take the column "To Be Completed By" out, as it is irrelevant, and replace it with Saya/No Saya, and whether saya material was provided.

I can provide poplar for saya material if needed. The replacement sayas will have to be in poplar, as these will be carved, not 3-piece construction, so material has to be workable with relative efficiency.

M
    I thought it would be useful to avoid missing an item, or to know who to get updates from. no?

Quote Originally Posted by Zwiefel View Post
    I thought it would be useful to avoid missing an item, or to know who to get updates from. no?
    Sorry, misinterpreted, who it was completed by. I thought it was the date Eamon was to complete work by.

I believe besides Wills knives there were others sent in for custom work. I am not sure how we need to account for those, but they should be given same level of importance. Some were custom knives sent for saya work.

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Out of interest how many blades did you ship out Will?

Put my son John on the list to help, I can over see what he does. He has made hundreds of handles also.

Who has the blades right now?

Hoss

All the materials should be with Eamon, I think on materials we should assume that we have them covered unless it proves not to be so, in which case we have some kind offers to help on providing materials front.
    But yeah on the list it would be great to see what wood was specified if not standard. Presumably Eamon will have it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    Sorry, misinterpreted, who it was completed by. I thought it was the date Eamon was to complete work by.

I believe besides Wills knives there were others sent in for custom work. I am not sure how we need to account for those, but they should be given same level of importance. Some were custom knives sent for saya work.

M
    I see, I changed it to "Volunteer to complete work," that should help with the ambiguity.
    Good point RE other products...I added myself for a different item from Eamon.

Quote Originally Posted by DevinT View Post
    Put my son John on the list to help, I can over see what he does. He has made hundreds of handles also.

Who has the blades right now?

Hoss
    Done.

BTW, I find it entirely indicative of what is awesome about KKF that we have 2X more volunteers for free labor (10), than we have products (4)...for the moment anyway.

He owes me one of the utility knives and I'll worry about the other stuff later, if he is willing to send the saya and handle wood out there is plenty of the cocobolo and straight grained ironwood available for all the sayas and handles. That will be my donation, I have no tools here.
    Thank you gentleman for the help and understanding.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.