Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Eamon Burke knives.

Hey Eamon, I'm glad to see you back on the forums. I'm sending you another email, please respond.
    "I gotta tell ya, this is pretty terrific. Ha hahaha, YEAH!" - Moe (w/ 2 knives). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVt4U...layer_embedded

Are these hidden tangs? If they are I would be happy to take on as many as three-four for wa's. If these are western and you might want a wa I would be happy to do conversions as well. I can supply the materials too (as long as we keep it pretty simple)

Ok this is tedious. The stuff was not for sale, it was free. That is not a breach of anyone's rules, for me to give stuff to someone for free as a personal gesture.

Did I read correctly that someone would be willing to take care of shipping this stuff off? The truth is I don't have time to fiddle around with this forum anymore. I just invested an afternoon taking inventory and pictures and posting it, as a consolation gesture, and it got deleted because somehow that offends the rules. My lack of time is the reason this order didn't get done, and I just wasted more of it. I can not, and will not, make the same mistake twice.

Again, the stuff was, and remains, free for anyone who owns something that is in my possession.

Thanks Eamon, we will get someone to take care of the knives and materials that need shipping. I know this process is frustrating for all involved, we are appreciative of your help.

Hoss

We need volunteers to help with the shipping. Do we have any members close that are willing to help with this?

Hoss

Eamon, if you're still in the DFW area, I can make a trip to pick stuff up.

I think there was someone named Heath that was willing to pick stuff up as well.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

Heath is four hours away, he is willing, if we can find someone closer that would be better.

Hoss

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon Burke View Post
    Ok this is tedious. The stuff was not for sale, it was free. That is not a breach of anyone's rules, for me to give stuff to someone for free as a personal gesture.

Did I read correctly that someone would be willing to take care of shipping this stuff off? The truth is I don't have time to fiddle around with this forum anymore. I just invested an afternoon taking inventory and pictures and posting it, as a consolation gesture, and it got deleted because somehow that offends the rules. My lack of time is the reason this order didn't get done, and I just wasted more of it. I can not, and will not, make the same mistake twice.

Again, the stuff was, and remains, free for anyone who owns something that is in my possession.
    I'm sorry for your personal plight Eamon, but you seem awfully detached from this problem that you created. You have been given a gift and offered a helping hand and that is the best reply you could come up with? It's like you're not trying to help yourself and you're not trying to help other people help you. And some of them are people you owe. If it were me I'd be show a little humility

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon Burke View Post

Eamon, you posted this giveaway stuff in a vendor's sub forum, that's why it was deleted. This thread is about getting your customers their owed merchandise, funds, property - not for you to give away stuff as a "consolation".

If you want to giveaway stuff we have a Giveaway subforum just for that very thing.

Dave, it was not an open giveaway. I do not have money to return to people. I'm beyond broke. I was offering what I have in lieu of money that I do not have, that way people who lost money on it can still get something they want for the portion of what they paid that was going to me, which was supposed to be about $40 per knife, and they ended up costing me $30. It was not a giveaway to be nice, it was intended to make a fair deal for the people who lost money or time because of my personal life.

I'm not detached from this, this thing keeps me awake about 3 out of 5 nights a week. I really just want it to be over, but am extremely limited on means to get much of anything done about anything. Believe it or not, I have been trying to get together the money to fix the tools I used to make these things, and then have ANY time set aside to do the work. That has taken me 5 months and I've gotten very little progress--despite the fact that it has been priority #1 in my life after paying survival expenses for my family. I was just trying to offer what I have to give.