Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Eamon Burke knives.

If we do a raffle, we have to include other members who had knives with Eamon haven't received them back, some more valuable than Burke/Catcheside knives. Hopefully the missing knives will get sorted out in the next few days, so we know how to proceed.

M

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Apologies to everyone, I somehow missed two items in the photos: a piece of leather for strops, and a finished handle. I've added them to flickr and the spreadsheet.

the handle is pretty small...if no one wants to claim it, it would work perfectly for the petty I made with Devin a few weeks ago.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

I just got money for a petty that, in my mind, was a gift. I'll gladly donate that small sum if you come up with some kind of fund. Just send a paypal account.

Quote Originally Posted by jigert View Post
    I just got money for a petty that, in my mind, was a gift. I'll gladly donate that small sum if you come up with some kind of fund. Just send a paypal account.
    If it's acceptable to the group, we can use my PayPal account. I've added a new tab to the spreadsheet to keep track of funds sent for shipping.

I have a Mr. Itou 205mm deba with stag handles to raffle off. It was custom made and Koki estimates a replacement would cost about $640. If someone can come up with a total of what's been lost I'll sell enough slots to cover it. Something like $20-30 a chance. To keep paypal out of it the ticket funds have to be sent by check, cash or money order to me or someone trustworthy. That person will disperse checks accordingly.

LMK if there are obvious flaws I missed. This will take some time, but it should make everyone whole again. It'll also take the pressure of the artisans who have already donated their time, skills and material.
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough." —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    If we do a raffle, we have to include other members who had knives with Eamon haven't received them back, some more valuable than Burke/Catcheside knives. Hopefully the missing knives will get sorted out in the next few days, so we know how to proceed.

M
    We have two issues here. The overselling of the Catcheside-Burke utilities, for which I have proposed a solution that does not involve a raffle, is one issue. The other issue is the loss of knives that were sent to Eamon for work of some nature. A drawing for donated knives, like your generous offer of a utility, is an excellent idea to compensate members for their loss. I don't think it's necessary to combine the two efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Zwiefel View Post
    I added the blocks of ironwood to the inventory with your name on them, please take a look and ensure I got the right stuff.

There is only 1 sabatier...that other knife is....well I don't know, it seems like more like it belongs on a battlefield. If it's yours, I'm happy to ship it to you though.
    big daddy is mine!
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

I am just trying to follow this and catch up. I have been too busy to deal with this mess Eamon has left. Thanks so much to those helping keep this organized.
    I will be very upset if Eamon has sold more than 15 knives, bad kama. But lets keep this civil.
    I'll just go and study the list and try to make sense of it, we have a couple of names overlapping on the list forum/real names?

Just to confirm. If our name wasn't highlighted, does that mean we were not on Eamon's list? I checked my papal records and I made the payment on 20 August 2012 and have the e-mail trail. Regardless, I'll see how this develops before I make my decision. I may give up my knife. If we do a lottery and I am selected, I may take the knife, use it for a bit, then give it to someone who didn't get selected but paid for one.

Frankly, this whole thing has finally started to leave a sour taste in my mouth, and I am no longer sure I even want this knife as part of my collection. It would be a constant reminder of the complete charlie foxtrot that has affected the fine members of this forum.

Regardless, of what happens, I would like my block of wood back whenever things are sorted out.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Quote Originally Posted by sachem allison View Post
    big daddy is mine!
    Sweet. I put your name on it on the spreadsheet.

Quote Originally Posted by WillC View Post
    we have a couple of names overlapping on the list forum/real names?
    I don't think so, eamon's list included real names as well as Nicknames...but I don't know everyone's name and I am human....though my wife calls that into question from time to time

Here is the sanitized version of the list from Eamon:

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5469/8...c7f339c0_b.jpg