Quantcast
Eamon Burke knives. - Page 40
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Eamon Burke knives.

Quote Originally Posted by Zwiefel View Post
    There is still a significant amount of material left after this. Any ideas for what to do with it all? It includes several stones in good condition, some nice leather for strops, and several pieces of interesting, but unstabilized wood.
    I think Will got taken for a substiantial amount, perhaps some reserve for him?

great idea

A little info on the blades and finishing. I will do a wip when I get mine.
    The blades have only a fairly course rub with 180 grit against the last belt grain. Should make flatting easier. They will want a good go on a 300 ish diamond plate, that will show any remaining belt marks, high/low spots which need to work out on the diamond.
    After the bevels are flat, course muddy stone, then something like 1000 grit to finish on will be plenty.
    The idea was just to have flat stone finish bevels, ready to be thinned as they are sharpened with every future sharpening.

Don't worry about me Guys as far as money. I had a deposit at least from Eamon and I would not feel right making money off a situation like this. It was a while ago now and while we all I have bad luck from time to time, I have also had plenty of good luck to keep me going.

Cheers All

A little update.

14 of 15 blades have been posted to folks doing the work. most of the handle materials have been shipped...but I think I failed to put some in a couple of the boxes...if you guys let me know who I missed, I have some more scales (ironwood maybe?) for a few more blades.

shipping some koa and ironwood blocks to Taz tomorrow for the 3 blades he and JohnnyChance are working on.

Will ship the final blade with a block of ironwood to Chef Niloc--so he can make a leather saya for Iceman91--as soon as I have an address.

Looks like we'll be able to get all of this material to folks who can actually do something useful with it (a.k.a. not me!) before I leave on Friday. Really happy to see this kicking into full gear. Thanks to everyone who volunteered labor, shipping funds, materials, and encouragement. What an excellent community we have!
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

Address sent

A little update.

14 of 15 blades have been posted to folks doing the work. most of the handle materials have been shipped...but I think I failed to put some in a couple of the boxes...if you guys let me know who I missed, I have some more scales (ironwood maybe?) for a few more blades.

shipping some koa and ironwood blocks to Taz tomorrow for the 3 blades he and JohnnyChance are working on.

Will ship the final blade with a block of ironwood to Chef Niloc--so he can make a leather saya for Iceman91--as soon as I have an address.

Looks like we'll be able to get all of this material to folks who can actually do something useful with it (a.k.a. not me!) before I leave on Friday. Really happy to see this kicking into full gear. Thanks to everyone who volunteered labor, shipping funds, materials, and encouragement. What an excellent community we have!

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Damn. Great looking work there Johny.
    Chewie's the man.

Quote Originally Posted by Crothcipt View Post
    Damn. Great looking work there Johny.

JohnnyChance and Taz did an awesome job with getting the sayas ready...and so quickly too!

Quote Originally Posted by Chef Niloc View Post
    Address sent
    Wasn't trying to bust you...sorry if it seemed that way.

Package is ready for USPS to pickup tomorrow. That means ALL of the blades will be out for finishing work as of tomorrow. The sayas only need a finish coat and holes for pins (we're waiting for a finaly tally of drilled/undrilled for that).

Much has been accomplished in the last 7ish days.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.

JohnnyChance and Taz did an awesome job with getting the sayas ready...and so quickly too!
    It looks like Johnny's pics were deleted due to some rules about posting work done. They were done at 400 grit, with son's donated wood.
    Chewie's the man.

You guys rock